[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

I feel like Lindholm should be put in offensive situations and Petey should be shutdown role, as this might help him get engaged and feel confident (excel in a role rather than struggle in a role).

I've loved what I've seen from Lindholm, and would consider re-signing him if the price makes sense.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

They’re years away from competing again and Markstrom wants out too why would he sign a team friendly deal to stay there? 

$$$

He will be UFA and may want as much as he can get from other teams.  Boston comes to mind.  Vegas is always upgrading somehow.

On 5/2/2024 at 11:36 PM, BPA said:

$$$

He will be UFA and may want as much as he can get from other teams.  Boston comes to mind.  Vegas is always upgrading somehow.

As I see it Lindholm and Hronek is the two players we need to sign.

They’re hardest to get and the stabilise the team. 

If we let Lindholm go that team will have the upper hand against us next season and that is something I want to avoid.

Then we have three 1st C in the middle, a top D pair and a first class goalie

With afew cheap players coming in like Willander, Lekkerimäki, Silovs

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LillStrimma said:

As I see it Lindholm and Hronek is the two players we need to sign.

They’re hardest to get and the stabilise the team. 

If we let Lindholm go that team will have the upper hand against us next season and that is something I want to avoid.

Then we have three 1st C in the middle, a top D pair and a first class goalie

With afew cheap players coming in like Willander, Lekkerimäki, Silovs

Willander and Lekkermaki in 25-26.  And maybe Raty.  

Maybe Silovs Karlsson and Bains in 24-25.   

Dhali saying the Canucks have come around on Lindholm and want to bring him back.  

I really wonder what the contract looks like - Much like Hronek I think we’d all prefer sub-7.  Lindholm’s a little older, too.  Management put on a clinic last offseason but this is the one that could set us up as long term contenders (or not.)

On 5/2/2024 at 12:27 PM, c00kies said:

I feel like Lindholm should be put in offensive situations and Petey should be shutdown role, as this might help him get engaged and feel confident (excel in a role rather than struggle in a role).

I've loved what I've seen from Lindholm, and would consider re-signing him if the price makes sense.

I’m thinking as much as I want to try and roll 3 good lines we might have to go with 2 great lines and 2 bottom 6 lines. 

Pettersson Miller Boeser

Joshua Lindholm Garland

Hoglander Suter Mikheyev

PDG Blueger Lafferty

Suter missed a lot of great chances in the Nashville series! Find it hard to believe Pettersson would miss that many opportunities if he was in that spot.

19 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Dhali saying the Canucks have come around on Lindholm and want to bring him back.  

I really wonder what the contract looks like - Much like Hronek I think we’d all prefer sub-7.  Lindholm’s a little older, too.  Management put on a clinic last offseason but this is the one that could set us up as long term contenders (or not.)

Possible him and his agent came down to a number management is comfortable with. 

He’s not gonna get the 8 million they were hoping for.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, The Duke said:

Would be amazing if we can bring him back.  Would secure our C depth for the entirety of this Canucks era.

• Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1

On 4/18/2024 at 1:40 AM, RU SERIOUS said:

When he's gone in the next few weeks, PA will look like a fool giving up 5 good assets for a rental that has done nothing special for us whatsoever.    Very unfortunate.

Well, it's been over 3 weeks and he is still here.

Lindholm tonight...

1 goal

1 assist

+2

5 hits 

5 shots

14 and 4 in the faceoff circle (77%)

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Such a great trade for us. Dumperooed Cruise Missile’s contract (5.5 for next season too) and only had to give up a very late first and two very iffy prospects. Pretty much a steal. 

We'd be long gone out of the playoffs without this deal.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, boziffous said:

I knew Lindholm was a good two way center but I've been pleasantly surprised with just how physical he plays.

Recent Selke finalist and it shows.

He clearly had an injury soon after he got here 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

As most said, the trade needed longer to be evaluated.

We got Lindholm to help in the playoffs.  He has been instrumental so far.  If you imagine the freed up Kuzmenko money goes to a Zadorov extension in the summer… how is the team not better with that swap.  Calgary need ls to hit the jackpot on that late 1st rounder to turn the trade into a long term win.  Low odds of that just based on history.

As it stands, both teams should be happy.  What did Calgary need an extra couple of months if a pending UFA for?  Kuzmenko will make losing more fun at least and has turned into a fan favourite.

I had posted earlier that against Edmonton the “third” line was going to be the difference.

If our top two lines can match against McDavid/Draisaitl and their top D and keep to pretty much a draw…. Then Edmonton isn’t going to have an answer left for the Lindholm line, they don’t have evict depth and are still too top heavy.

If we can avoid the Edmonton PP, we can win the series.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Provost said:

As most said, the trade needed longer to be evaluated.

We got Lindholm to help in the playoffs.  He has been instrumental so far.  If you imagine the freed up Kuzmenko money goes to a Zadorov extension in the summer… how is the team not better with that swap.  Calgary need ls to hit the jackpot on that late 1st rounder to turn the trade into a long term win.  Low odds of that just based on history.

As it stands, both teams should be happy.  What did Calgary need an extra couple of months if a pending UFA for?  Kuzmenko will make losing more fun at least and has turned into a fan favourite.

Not sure why it needed further evaluation? Lindy was exactly wha the team needed. If for some reason he didn't perform like in the past, thats not really a part of the trade value at the moment of the trade, Lindy was the best C/F available on the trade market. 

10 minutes ago, Provost said:

I had posted earlier that against Edmonton the “third” line was going to be the difference.

If our top two lines can match against McDavid/Draisaitl and their top D and keep to pretty much a draw…. Then Edmonton isn’t going to have an answer left for the Lindholm line, they don’t have evict depth and are still too top heavy.

If we can avoid the Edmonton PP, we can win the series.

So much pressure on the Oilies for game 2 now. 

• Like 1

Boy oh boy does Lindy look like exactly what this team needed 

Zads looking like a top pair D man 

keeping miller 

cole, Suter, Bluegger 

this management looks like they are playing 3 D chess 

28 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Not sure why it needed further evaluation? Lindy was exactly wha the team needed. If for some reason he didn't perform like in the past, thats not really a part of the trade value at the moment of the trade, Lindy was the best C/F available on the trade market. 

So much pressure on the Oilies for game 2 now. 

Totally 

the pressure is all on them 

skinner and mcdavid with the most pressure on them 

omg what if they stifle mcdavid again ?

Draisatl could be hurt 

keep banging them 

no one has an answer for Zads physicality 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Recent Selke finalist and it shows.

He clearly had an injury soon after he got here 

Yep, he's definitely showing his Selke finalist form. He's turned the Garland-Joshua line into a high end 2nd line and gives a second match-up line after the Miller-Boeser line (who are both playing great hockey). Being able to always have a match-up line out against McDavid or Draisaitl could be the difference in this series.

• ThereItIs 1

On 4/11/2024 at 11:15 AM, Thrago said:

Lol someone did get fleeced it just wasn't Calgary.  If it was an even trade, that would have been nice.

Well this comment's not aging well. lol

14 hours ago, Bob Long said:

We'd be long gone out of the playoffs without this deal.

Agreed

Regardless how the assets the flames got turn out this deal is already a win even if he walks in free agency

Lindholm has helped the canucks get playoff experience under their belt and advance to the second round.

You need to learn how to win before you can actually win. And Lindholm is helping the canucks get that lesson. He is also contributing to an extended playoff run, which is helping management get a better scouting report on which their pending FA/RFAs should be a priority

Avsoloutely priceless

• ThereItIs 1

10 hours ago, Diamonds said:

Yep, he's definitely showing his Selke finalist form. He's turned the Garland-Joshua line into a high end 2nd line and gives a second match-up line after the Miller-Boeser line (who are both playing great hockey). Being able to always have a match-up line out against McDavid or Draisaitl could be the difference in this series.

If Petey can get going offensively this thing could get very fun.

9 hours ago, The Lock said:

Well this comment's not aging well. lol

Not really your just thinking short term, I have no problem with Lindholm he's a good player, we just paid way to much for him and it's going to hurt us in the long-term and possibly really badly.

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Thrago said:

Not really your just thinking short term, I have no problem with Lindholm he's a good player, we just paid way to much for him and it's going to hurt us in the long-term and possibly really badly.

We paid literally nothing for Lindholm. The cost to dumperoo a season and a half of Cruise Missile was a first and a third. So we paid two very iffy prospects for Lindholm. Pretty much stole him. 

11 minutes ago, Thrago said:

Yah... Short term, isn't always a bad thing.  Lindholm is helping this team right now... Big time.  In the playoffs. Isn't that what it's all about? 

As it currently stands, Calgary will get no better than 24th oa pick.  Without Lindy, we may very well not be in this round and with a win to boot.  

You think long term like Buffalo thinks longterm.  Winning cups... On EA. 

• ThereItIs 1