[REPORT] Canucks make contract offer to Filip Hronek

56 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So Allvin has offered Hronek between $6.5-$6.75 million per year for 8 years.  I'm hoping a deal can get done at between $7-7.35 million.  Vince Dunn is at $7.35 million and is a good comparable.  

Allvin didn’t mention cap allocation or term. Any numbers are just guesses. The Empties are predicting 7.15 x 8.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Are we sure we should jump to 8 years?

Hronek is only 26. We’lll get him through his prime. It could age welll if he still has his legs in his early 30s.

i like it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

55 minutes ago, Sell.the.team said:

Quinn signed years ago. The cap is going up $10m this year.  Some have speculated Quinn's next deal may be $14m+.

He signed it less than 3 years ago and the cap has been flat during that entire Covid time frame. Who says the cap is going up $10 mil next year? I’ve heard speculation of 3-4 mil next year….

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Western Red said:

Whoa! I could live with 6.9 with a generous bonus structure.

I like this getting out there very much.

Can’t be any bonus besides signing bonus, not an ELC or 35+ deal 

Edited by canuck73_3

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Can’t be any bonus besides signing bonus, not an ELC or 35+ deal 

He’ll only be 34 at the start of the last year of an 8 year contract. Or do they determine age by end of contract?

5 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

He signed it less than 3 years ago and the cap has been flat during that entire Covid time frame. Who says the cap is going up $10 mil next year? I’ve heard speculation of 3-4 mil next year….

Summer of 2025 is projected for a $10m increase is what I meant to say.

• Cheers 1

People dismissed my suggestion in the other thread that they offer Myers contract plus a bit on top and go from there in the negotiations....now this comes out.....it's both more salary and term, but it isn't Hughes money either.   

Whatever the dollar/term ends up at, I'm really glad that Allvin is getting on top of this right now and not waiting as it becomes more and more a distraction.  We all know how the media is around this market. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Hard no from me on that one. I'm with Sat

It appears Petey got serious about a new deal when fans started to amp up their dissatisfaction with negotiations. Does PA think the same thing will work it’s Hronek? Sadly the reality faced by Alvin is that if Hronek and the Canucks cannot renew then he will have to trade Hronek. The standard has to be set as there are a lot of UFA’s.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

he ain't coming in sub 7  i'm gonna guess 7.5-8 somewhere there. don't really care what QH signed for tbh.. when QH signed you can argue he's about the same player hronek is now.. so if he gets QH money it's not that surprising.. no one cares how good QH is now.. when he signed he's no where close to the player he is right now and came off a horrendous season defensively and ppl were questioning if he's the next tyson barrie

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So Allvin has offered Hronek between $6.5-$6.75 million per year for 8 years.  I'm hoping a deal can get done at between $7-7.35 million.  Vince Dunn is at $7.35 million and is a good comparable.  

I agree with Sat's opinion, you go 8 years & it has to be below 7M. I'd say 7M is the max. Hronek isn't as good a player as Dunn. He's probably a high end #3, low end #2. Weegar / Faulk / Severson are more his caliber imo. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, PeteyBOI said:

I for one think he is worth more than the vast majority of you... 7.8x8

Evidently you also value him more than management if the 6.5mil-6.75mil rumor/speculation has literally any legs. Love Hronek, but 7mil is a perfectly good number. Giving him almost 8mil is overkill.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Are we sure we should jump to 8 years?

Most of those years would be his prime years so yes, 8 years would be ideal.

That's why I was hoping they play him a significant time without Hughes. I am not sure what his real  value is because his numbers are a bit inflated with Hughes on his side. His play dipped lately with quiet a lot of turnovers and even during his best stretches he often set up his mates for trouble with bad passes. 

Long term I see Willander on Hughes side and Hronek as the #2 RHD. 8 years I am ok with. 7,5 - 8 million AAV feels wrong though

Edited by Vollmilch90
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

When Hronek gets done, hopefully Joshua is next in line

Zad is next. Though DJ is a big part of the team, he is replacable with a 2-3m FA; Garland drives that line.

Dunn is a nice comparable but look at what Forsling just got, peanuts. If we can somehow get Hronek under 7M that's incredible business but I'd be happy with 7M or just above it, really aim for under 7.5M.

Hopefully the term and good prospect of playing with Hughes for the rest of his career can bring that AVV down because that 1-2M directly goes to Joshua.

• Like 1