[REPORT] Canucks make contract offer to Filip Hronek

2 minutes ago, J-23 said:

I think Zadorov stays. Sounds like he’s become very good friends with Miller and Garland since he’s arrived here. Good leader and underrated in my opinion. Some games like the Jets and Bruins game he looks like a legit #4 defencemen.

I also think Hronek will sign for 7 million as well. Two reasons, he’s on a winning team for the first time in his career and he gets to be with Hughes for the rest of his career.

What would he be asking for, though? 

3 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

What would he be asking for, though? 

Usually guys look at the total dollars of an offer. If Big Z is looking for 20-25 million then Allvin will stretch out the term to lower the yearly cap allocation. 4.5 x 6 should get it done.

Hronek is likely looking for 40-50 million. 7 x 6-8 years should get him done. 

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. Podzilla is Joshua.

Hronek will come in around 7 per x 7

Big Z will be 4.5 x 6

Well worth locking up both those guys.

Hughes, Hronek

Z, Soucy

X, Juulsson

Agree Alf

And for clarity on the value of standing Pat on trade deadline look at what 1 to 2 years from now likely looks like:

Hughes Hronek

Soucy  Willander

Zadorov Juulsen

D Petey Woo

Young good D surrounded with great first pair and solid vets

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Agree Alf

And for clarity on the value of standing Pat on trade deadline look at what 1 to 2 years from now likely looks like:

Hughes Hronek

Soucy  Willander

Zadorov Juulsen

D Petey Woo

That does look good. Thank Goodness we dumperood no plan Benning and have this new management team. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Perhaps Alvin will have good news to announce on after hours tonight...regarding Hronek. 

Yup. Allvin doesn’t drop the news of a contract offer like that unless he’s confident he’s going to sign Hronek soon. 

37 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. Podzilla is Joshua.

Hronek will come in around 7 per x 7

Big Z will be 4.5 x 6

Well worth locking up both those guys.

Hughes, Hronek

Z, Soucy

X, Juulsson

Move Garland, sign Lindholm?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Move Garland, sign Lindholm?

I think they like Lindholm as it gives them centre depth.  Signing him gives them 4 ish years of having very strong centres before Miller and Lindholm age out.. With Lek and Podz coning up that fills in some gaps on the wings. I think that is the plan.

Either Garland or Mikheyev likely have to go to make room.

12 hours ago, Sell.the.team said:

Well he formally announced in the media an offer was made, which is somewhat uncommon in the GM world. 

They may be trying to put public pressure on his camp to close on something reasonable before the summer else he may get traded sooner than later.  A similar tactic may have just been applied with Petey based on how that whole thing went down.

Whenever JR and PA start making public comments it seems something gets done shortly thereafter

I wouldn't be surprised if a Hronek extension is announced on this home stand.

My preference is 7.25 x 6 years

21 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

I think they like Lindholm as it gives them centre depth.  Signing him gives them 4 ish years of having very strong centres before Miller and Lindholm age out.. With Lek and Podz coning up that fills in some gaps on the wings. I think that is the plan.

Either Garland or Mikheyev likely have to go to make room.

I don't see them re signing Lindy. To much money for a 3rd line center IMO.

I could see them bring back Blueger on a reasonable short term contract, frees up money to resign others. 

I feel Lindy is luxury we can't afford.   

Edited by Blitz-Pix

Just now, Blitz-Pix said:

I don't see them re signing Lindy. To much money for a 3rd line center IMO.

I could see them bring back Blueger on a reasonable short term contract, frees up money to resign others. 

I feel Lindys is luxury we can't afford.   

What if and big what if... they get him resigned for 6 mil per season?

Just saying there's a possibility that after now back to back lackluster offensive seasons he may not get big money on the market.. or if he gets big money person teams may not want to give term.

Maybe someone will do 8 x 4 = 32 mil

Canucks could do 6 × 7 = 42 mil

1 minute ago, bh90 said:

What if and big what if... they get him resigned for 6 mil per season?

Just saying there's a possibility that after now back to back lackluster offensive seasons he may not get big money on the market.. or if he gets big money person teams may not want to give term.

Maybe someone will do 8 x 4 = 32 mil

Canucks could do 6 × 7 = 42 mil

I really can't see us spending more than 4 million TOPS (on a 3rd line center)

Personally I don't think we should spend much more than 3 million...but that's just me.

What your suggesting next season is Petey at $11.6,  Miller at $8, Lindy at $6 and Suter at $1.6 

That's just over $27. million for 4 centers, a luxury we can't afford with 9 or 10 players we need to resign. 

Just thinking out loud but... 

How do you think Lindy would feel about taking less money to play less and be a 3rd line center? He is a UFA after all.

I suppose he could entertain the idea in the hopes of chasing a cup... but feel other teams would pay him more, in a bigger role for the same opportunity.

Just my take on it...but as my wife likes to point out, I've been wrong before. LOL  

22 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

I hope they don't budge on that offer. I'd rather he walk if he wants above 7 million. 

This. And if he walks, imagine the assets we can get in return. It's a win-win and was an excellent acquisition.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

I really can't see us spending more than 4 million TOPS (on a 3rd line center)

Personally I don't think we should spend much more than 3 million...but that's just me.

What your suggesting next season is Petey at $11.6,  Miller at $8, Lindy at $6 and Suter at $1.6 

That's just over $27. million for 4 centers, a luxury we can't afford with 9 or 10 players we need to resign. 

Just thinking out loud but... 

How do you think Lindy would feel about taking less money to play less and be a 3rd line center? He is a UFA after all.

I suppose he could entertain the idea in the hopes of chasing a cup... but feel other teams would pay him more, in a bigger role for the same opportunity.

Just my take on it...but as my wife likes to point out, I've been wrong before. LOL  

I agree, probably better spreading that money around to Blueger, DJ, and change

13 hours ago, Sell.the.team said:

Well he formally announced in the media an offer was made, which is somewhat uncommon in the GM world. 

They may be trying to put public pressure on his camp to close on something reasonable before the summer else he may get traded sooner than later.  A similar tactic may have just been applied with Petey based on how that whole thing went down.

They can't win with certain types. If they announce it then they are pressuring him. If they don't then it turns to why are they not negotiating and "he doesn't want to be here". Media clowns and their sycophants seem to always look for a negative slant. Maybe they announced it before the agent could use a media clown to leak their version of comparables.

They've started negotiating. That's a good thing, not something to complain about or portray as a negative.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, fanfor42 said:

Agree Alf

Hughes Hronek

Soucy  Willander

Zadorov Juulsen

D Petey Woo

In a few years juulsen will be a solid vet and DPetey will be ready to play on that third pair. Not sure soucy is going to suddenly develop into a top 4 after he hits 30 but one can dream.

I really don't see a fit for big Z considering those 3 aforementioned players as 3rd pairing options at much cheaper costs. The reality of the salary cap world is good teams can't keep all their players and you have to prioritize where you spend your money.

If he was willing to take a 2 year deal at 4 or less that would be ideal. Could keep him around for next year and if Dpetey makes a push after a year in Abby you could flip Z for a similar package that we gave up to get him. Unfortunately he wants to get the longest term, is tired of being a suitcase so will want some trade protection and biggest money possible as he is turning 29 and this is his peak (can't blame him for that). 

23 minutes ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

I agree, probably better spreading that money around to Blueger, DJ, and change

would be difficult to try to sign Lindholm when he can test the market come July 1 and sign the fattest and biggest deal for the remainder years of his career. 

But I'd think that management already knew that their chances of signing Lindholm to a long term deal was probably small when they acquired him.