[PGT] Vancouver at Nashville - Round 1 - Game 3

22 minutes ago, Kragar said:

When the fans chant that, it's not all night... they vent when the bad call/non-call happens, and a couple mins later, it's done.

Canucks never had a man advantage since early in the 2nd, and it was 5-3 PP advantage for the Preds.

Without some solid data, I'm not sure your theory holds up. It's possible. I can imagine it hurting, but it could also help... maybe they'll shut up if we fix the mistake kinda thing. I don't expect there to be any data out there, but it would be interesting to see if it makes a difference.

The Boeser penalty was weaker than others that were let go in the third, for both sides. A couple mins prior to the chant, a Pred was hanging onto Garly excessively, keeping him from a line change. I wasn't expecting a call, thinking the whistles were stashed unless something egregious happened.

Who knows. All in all, it doesn't matter now... the good guys won! :towel:

I hear ya and am not 100% convinced my suspicions are accurate. I agree, it would be cool to see some data on it although not an easy area in which to gather accurate stats.

I'm curious about the 2nd part of your post that I bolded however. My post was based on the fact (pretty sure) that the Preds fans never once chanted Refs U Suck tonight the way our fans in Van often do (pretty much at least once every game). Preds fans DID Boo quite a bit at random times when they thought a call could've been made but I didn't notice them ever doing the actual chant in question

Thus, my point, was that this saves their team from the F-You-Then response that I often suspect we get here at home from the zebras when the entire building gets on them like that. I believe that, if they HAD been chanting Refs U Suck prior to that particular call, they likely wouldn't have got the call as the refs would have let it slide just to spite them

Also fully agree, it doesn't matter now cuz we won a killer playoff game where penalty calls and special teams played a role but we fortunately came out on the winning end of it all

Keep this in mind for game 5 and others beyond and tell me if ya don't think the refs treat us worse at home AFTER the crowd lets loose with the inevitable nightly chant

Go Canucks GO!!!

2 hours ago, Baratheon said:

All this contract talk is offseason stuff!  We’re in the playoffs right now.  A month from now a players’ position could be completely different than it currently is.  

Too many decades now of fantasy sports leagues and video game GMs. We've got multiple generations of armchair moneyball geniuses that think they'd know what to do running a real life team so half the banter here all season long is around contracts and player value speculation

They can't put it down long enough to enjoy the greatest part of the season.

I don't blame them - just not for me. I wish I could just hit a filter on the site that would block it all out so I could just read game chatter vs business chatter

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

45 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

management has to be thinking, they gotta sign this guy. he's so physical, and he's the one defenseman that's playing really well in the playoffs so far.

hronek made a bad play on that evangelista goal. 

Yeah no Hronek at 8M

Give Zad Mik's money

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

36 minutes ago, Steamer4GM said:

I hear ya and am not 100% convinced my suspicions are accurate. I agree, it would be cool to see some data on it although not an easy area in which to gather accurate stats.

I'm curious about the 2nd part of your post that I bolded however. My post was based on the fact (pretty sure) that the Preds fans never once chanted Refs U Suck tonight the way our fans in Van often do (pretty much at least once every game). Preds fans DID Boo quite a bit at random times when they thought a call could've been made but I didn't notice them ever doing the actual chant in question

Thus, my point, was that this saves their team from the F-You-Then response that I often suspect we get here at home from the zebras when the entire building gets on them like that. I believe that, if they HAD been chanting Refs U Suck prior to that particular call, they likely wouldn't have got the call as the refs would have let it slide just to spite them

Also fully agree, it doesn't matter now cuz we won a killer playoff game where penalty calls and special teams played a role but we fortunately came out on the winning end of it all

Keep this in mind for game 5 and others beyond and tell me if ya don't think the refs treat us worse at home AFTER the crowd lets loose with the inevitable nightly chant

Go Canucks GO!!!

I don't have it recorded anymore to verify, but I was pretty sure they did the chant for a short while in the third. Can't say for sure, though. I didn't blame them for complaining, as it was far more of a penalty than what they called on Boeser. Maybe not as loud as out fans did in Van, but the Preds crowd didn't have much to get excited about for most of the game.

Hope they are equally subdued on Sunday!

3 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Not much to say. 

not noticeable offensively but he was doing the little things defensively blocking shots.. blocked a couple shots on the pk blocked a pass and pushed and skated past the defender out of the zone and got the puck to miller dumped it back to our zone and out killed a good 30sec on the pk. he needs to do more offensively but he's still trying defensively

• Vintage 2

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Lindholm is showing his value in the playoffs.  And so is Zadorov and Joshua.  Hronek not so much.  I’d rather keep Lindholm than Hronek so we can have 3 great lines next season.  We can go hard after Tanev or Matt Roy to replace Hronek and play with Hughes next season and then trade Hronek for picks/prospects…

I'd love to see Lindholm return but I think that ship sailed with his role here. Sure a 3rd line center of his calibre is sick but he almost certainly would rather sign to be a top six elsewhere. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Baratheon said:

There were so many kids at Rogers Arena today!  It’s cool to see.  A new generation of fans is getting on board thanks to this team!

People with money go to the games, the young families, kids and working class go to the watch party at Rogers for a fraction of the cost. 

Kind of tongue n cheek but yeah.

• Huggy Bear 2

2 hours ago, Believe In Blue said:

I’ve seen videos of the Viewing party at Roger’s for today’s game, and wow we were louder than Preds fans on their own home ice!

Loving the atmosphere in BC. I live on Van Isle so I’ll have to stick to watching in TV. But I’ve seen so many Canucks flags and jerseys everywhere. God, we needed this!

To be fairrrrrr

One group had a helluva lot more to cheer about than the other 

5 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Fun fact: Even if the Canucks had scored on every shot there still are 19 games they would have lost and another 35 that would have gone into OT.

Fun fact.... doesn't matter one bit. Its all about winning. 
They did 😀

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Zadorov will be looking for $5 million+ in the summer….

And rightfully so...

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 1

I wasn't a fan of the late hits on Hughes. 

Canucks need to play some gamesmanship and talk to the league about all the late runs at Hughes that would not fly if that was Mcdavid. At many times, Hughes got rid of the puck today and many seconds elapsed while Nash forecheck was barreling at him. 

It was awesome to still see him put up 2 pts today and make them pay on the PP. 

McCaron started it all today by running over Casey for no reason when they had all the momentum. Thanks! 

Nash will be even more desperate next game. Hopefully pp continues to score

• Like 1

We've been screaming like forever about a big D man, who can play and lay out the hits... Myers was a disaster as times but has come around. 
Big Z has to be a priority...

if they struggle with the cap, give him more term. So impressed with him showing up....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

A few good rushes, couple shot attempts, was active on the powerplay and was in on both goals but only the one assist. Solid shot block and some reverse hitting.

He elevated and tweaked his game noticeably from the first two games.

I think there is a segment of fans or users here who happily complain or rip the guy but don't follow that up with acknowledgement of good aspects of his game. The hate is honestly lame and counterproductive.

agreed he's one of the few star forwards that's willing to put his body on the line to block shots.. i think only him and auston matthews and mackinnon.. he also not afraid of contacts and is the only ppg forward in the league that is top 3 in block shots and top 3 in hits.. i mean let's be real.. which forward on the team is doing anything 5v5? outside of the pp today from boeser and miller.. they have been just as quiet 5v5 as EP have

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I wasn't a fan of the late hits on Hughes. 

Canucks need to play some gamesmanship and talk to the league about all the late runs at Hughes that would not fly if that was Mcdavid. At many times, Hughes got rid of the puck today and many seconds elapsed while Nash forecheck was barreling at him. 

It was awesome to still see him put up 2 pts today and make them pay on the PP. 

McCaron started it all today by running over Casey for no reason when they had all the momentum. Thanks! 

Nash will be even more desperate next game. Hopefully pp continues to score

This reminds me of one of the Chicago games this year when they were doing the same, then Tocchet put Zadorov with Hughes for a few shifts and they didn't even come within two feet of him for the rest of the game. He should look to do that on Sunday if it gets out of hand again.