[PGT] Vancouver at Nashville - Round 1 - Game 3

43 minutes ago, Steamer4GM said:

Totally agree but also gotta point out, had the Preds fans been chanting Refs U Suck all night (and there were several times where we got away with some for sure - both teams did), I'd wager they'd never have gotten that call against Boeser when the Preds player basically leaned over and fell on BB6's stick

Vancouver fans gotta learn to save that chant for the ones where even the refs are like, 'Yeah, we blew that call bad'

It's only human nature, you come to a person's place of work and yell obscenities at 'em and say they suck, they're just naturally gonna lean their decisions towards your competitors regardless of how unbiased they're supposed to be

I agree with you. But yelling at the refs is like booing Bettman - it’s just part of the experience of being a hockey fan at this point.

52 minutes ago, Steamer4GM said:

Totally agree but also gotta point out, had the Preds fans been chanting Refs U Suck all night (and there were several times where we got away with some for sure - both teams did), I'd wager they'd never have gotten that call against Boeser when the Preds player basically leaned over and fell on BB6's stick

Vancouver fans gotta learn to save that chant for the ones where even the refs are like, 'Yeah, we blew that call bad'

It's only human nature, you come to a person's place of work and yell obscenities at 'em and say they suck, they're just naturally gonna lean their decisions towards your competitors regardless of how unbiased they're supposed to be

Kelly Sutherland would merely give you a one finger salute.😉

3 hours ago, Jaimito said:

This is such a great idea.  We didn't have anything like this in the old days.  You just had to wait it out until they got back home.

Sure, we whooped it up pretty good, but we didn't have anything like watching the game with 20,000 Canucks fans.

It is just awesome.  Love it.

• Cheers 1

gutsy win tonight. 

would've wanted an insurance goal (3rd goal), but hey, at this point of the season. a win is a win; i don't care if we win by 12 shots on goal. 

can the boys put a choke on Nashville by winning both road games? would give us a chance to close out the series in Game 5 on Tuesday next week. 

53 minutes ago, Steamer4GM said:

When the fans chant that, it's not all night... they vent when the bad call/non-call happens, and a couple mins later, it's done.

Canucks never had a man advantage since early in the 2nd, and it was 5-3 PP advantage for the Preds.

Without some solid data, I'm not sure your theory holds up. It's possible. I can imagine it hurting, but it could also help... maybe they'll shut up if we fix the mistake kinda thing. I don't expect there to be any data out there, but it would be interesting to see if it makes a difference.

The Boeser penalty was weaker than others that were let go in the third, for both sides. A couple mins prior to the chant, a Pred was hanging onto Garly excessively, keeping him from a line change. I wasn't expecting a call, thinking the whistles were stashed unless something egregious happened.

Who knows. All in all, it doesn't matter now... the good guys won! :towel:

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He’s probably pushing $6 million right now.  And that is where Hronek should be.  

If the Canucks secure Hronek for under $7m per I would be shocked. My opinions aside on his worth, seems the market for him.

Zadorov is not a top pair dman, he can be a reliable 4/5. If he improved his consistency he could push up higher on the depth chart. If he wants $ 6m range per he wont be back in Vancouver.

14 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

This is such a great idea.  We didn't have anything like this in the old days.  You just had to wait it out until they got back home.

Sure, we whooped it up pretty good, but we didn't have anything like watching the game with 20,000 Canucks fans.

It is just awesome.  Love it.

Yes we did.

I watched game 7 of 1994 SCF  like this at the PNE Coliseum.  It was packed. 

We were so deflated after the game and went home, most people went down town and had a riot. 

19 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

@ 1:53..

Imagine being asked a question about your game by Wayne Gretzky... Great interview by TNT but it must be beyond a thrill for these guys anytime Wayne's on the panel. 

And how Wayne pointed out a clear infraction. I liked the entire interview. Bissonette was clearly baked out of his fucking tree. 🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Devron said:

They can all be signed. I’d let Lindholm go. Raty or Bains will slot in that spot eventually. And I like Lindholm 

Joshua and Zadorov will need to want to be here more than their agent can bargain for them in free agency.

A player like Joshua maxes out arounf 3m per in Vancouver, if your trying to be smart otherwise you are adding to the cap problems that this team accumulated during Benning's era.

Zadorov has shown a lot but again we just spent half a decade whining about Myers at 6m being a 4/5. Thats where Zadorov fits. His agent may be able to get him $5m plus on the market but that is likely sitting at a higher number Vancouver can or should work with.

Myers may come back in the $4m range per if lucky but thats a big if.

Vancouver may look at guys like Cole and Blueger  coming back in $ 2m - 2.5m range per.

Either way, Vancouver can realistically bring back several pending UFAs but it will take selling them on the success they are having as a collective.

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Joshua and Zadorov will need to want to be here more than their agent can bargain for them in free agency.

A player like Joshua maxes out arounf 3m per in Vancouver, if your trying to be smart otherwise you are adding to the cap problems that this team accumulated during Benning's era.

Zadorov has shown a lot but again we just spent half a decade whining about Myers at 6m being a 4/5. Thats where Zadorov fits. His agent may be able to get him $5m plus on the market but that is likely sitting at a higher number Vancouver can or should work with.

Myers may come back in the $4m range per if lucky but thats a big if.

Vancouver may look at guys like Cole and Blueger  coming back in $ 2m - 2.5m range per.

Either way, Vancouver can realistically bring back several pending UFAs but it will take selling them on the success they are having as a collective.

Good solid and grounded take. Agree.