[PGT] Canucks at [Expletive deleted] - Round 1 - Game 6

45 minutes ago, Darth Canuck said:

Oh my gosh! I watched the first 2 periods, then had to leave to watch my son’s soccer game. PVR didn’t record (time to upgrade) so I came here to get the score! And holy crap was I proud!! Wahoo!!!

Go Canucks Go!!! YYYYYEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!

And in honour of 2 of our awesome players, here’s some Hugo Boss

IMG_0486.png

Wear pink to the rink!

8 minutes ago, NHL Tyranny said:

Anyone have a clip of the Boesser penalty? He seemed outraged but I don't recall the broadcaster showing it. Perhaps I had too much Scotch.

No clip, but boeser flipped the puck into the offensive zone, watched it while his stick was in the air and the preds player skated into it while going for the hit.

my questions would be

- how much time before a follow through is no longer recognized

- how much time before a hit becomes a late hit

I would say that they should both be given the same amount of time so its either both a highstick and an interference or no call on either

Not-so-humble brag.  Turned out odds were still very very good.  😎

On 4/24/2024 at 12:49 AM, Sabrefan1 said:

It's basically just a best of 5 series now.  Odds are still good.  They can adjust.

11 hours ago, Barnstorm said:

Every bus can be programmed with the new  banner in five minutes during regularly scheduled maintenance or barn time. Not much different than adding a new contact to your phone. 

I kind of thought of thought so. One guy made it sound like a major coding issue (in reality deleting "team", and typing "Canucks" isn't all that hard), or like an actual new board had to be manufactured and swapped in ... but that's archaic lol. Like how would they do regular changes. Haha ... 

Of course the buses going through the barn would take some effort but not outside the norm of doing business.

8 minutes ago, Johnny said:

No clip, but boeser flipped the puck into the offensive zone, watched it while his stick was in the air and the preds player skated into it while going for the hit.

my questions would be

- how much time before a follow through is no longer recognized

- how much time before a hit becomes a late hit

I would say that they should both be given the same amount of time so its either both a highstick and an interference or no call on either

You're missing:  The refs question would be:  "What is the jersey of the player committing the alleged foul" 😉

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, grumpworsley said:

Canucks Fans: "Great win team played well. Love Silovs game. On to the next round".

Sports media: "Another Goalie controversy brewing in Vancouver" 

gotta love the hockey media, they can't drop an old trope. So freaking lazy. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, grumpworsley said:

Canucks Fans: "Great win team played well. Love Silovs game. On to the next round".

Sports media: "Another Goalie controversy brewing in Vancouver" 

They can’t have any positive news. Always have to start drama to get headlines. 

Parasites. I hate em 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

For me, it's all gravy now, I wanted to see them win a round.

Me too. But now we're here, I want to see us win another round

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, gwarrior said:

DeSmith is a UFA. So if he walks, he walks. I'm comfortable with Silovs as the back up though.

If it wasn't going that way before it certainly is now. 

DeSmith walks to free agency and Silovs backs up Demko. 

Of course, it's possible they would want him playing more in Abby but we also know Demko needs rest so he'd get the games in Van (25-30). Could save us up to 1 mil in salary as well which is important for us. DeSmith likely hoping for a couple year deal as well which we wouldn't want.

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

$110 for an ugly ass tee shirt? Wtf?

LoL, is what I thought. Now if some entrepreneur was to come along and print up a couple hundred gildan pink t shirts with a similar  print on them and sell them for 15 bucks?

8 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Me too. But now we're here, I want to see us win another round

I do as well, but to see the season as a true success, I think a series win was the baseline.

• Cheers 2

Just now, stawns said:

I do as well, but to see the season as a true success, I think a series win was the baseline.

Yup, this season is a major success already.  I just wanted the boys to get some solid playoff experience to build off of so we make a real run for the cup in the coming few years.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

If it wasn't going that way before it certainly is now. 

DeSmith walks to free agency and Silovs backs up Demko. 

Of course, it's possible they would want him playing more in Abby but we also know Demko needs rest so he'd get the games in Van (25-30). Could save us up to 1 mil in salary as well which is important for us. DeSmith likely hoping for a couple year deal as well which we wouldn't want.

my guess is Silovs gets a 2 year, 1 mil per extension, and we go out and sign an experienced vet for about the same money and its Silovs job to lose in camp. 

• ThereItIs 1