Petey do we really need him?

Im on the record as saying I think Petey will keep improving.  I dont view him as a finished product yet.  25 years is still young from a physically maturing standpoint.

• Cheers 2

Petey's line was the best line on the ice last night (based on analytics).  If they keep pushing the play, the goals and points will come.  Their line matches up a lot better against EDM than it did NAS.

• Upvote 2

While Pettersson has been very underwhelming in the playoffs so far, I do think that it's too early to throw the towel in on the guy.

He could use, and I'm sure management is very aware, a linemate that truly compliments his ability. Mikeyev is not that at all. Hoglander can be, but he is getting used to the intensity of the playoffs and should acclimate as things go along. Yesterday, the 2nd line did look quite a bit better, especially Hoglander who was playing more like he used to. 

Pettersson's defensive game was sound, but it's his offensive acumen that is the gamebreaking talent that awarded him with the big contract. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Falcons said:

There are some key players that have showed up in these playoffs and will be ufa’s this year and next.

Lindholm,Joshua,Zadorov,Boeser

Blueger,Myers

Should the Canucks shop Petey for a trade ( salary dump) if needed to keep these players on the team?

image.gif.1f83dd2277fe15669ca3eb469a39f82e.gif

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Hahahaha

It is tempting to call these shows up and rub it in... but probably best to let them sit in their own self-created sh*t for a while and contemplate the error of their ways.

Put our energy into positivity for the Canucks.  😉

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

I think you have to be an ole silver sack like myself to understand that there are so many ups and downs in your life, especially when you’re in your 20’s. His game is still evolving. He will put it all together in time. Skill doesn’t just disappear. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

No! We aren’t trading Pettersson this off-season, nor should we. That’s just ridiculous. Even at his worst he is a valuable asset to this team. We keep him, and we stop talking about trading him. 

33 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

It is tempting to call these shows up and rub it in... but probably best to let them sit in their own self-created sh*t for a while and contemplate the error of their ways.

Put our energy into positivity for the Canucks.  😉

Yeah. Agreed. It is funny to listen to. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Falcons said:

There are some key players that have showed up in these playoffs and will be ufa’s this year and next.

Lindholm,Joshua,Zadorov,Boeser

Blueger,Myers

Should the Canucks shop Petey for a trade ( salary dump) if needed to keep these players on the team?

Peteys single biggest problem is that he is not physically able to create space for himself. hes come along way but hes still way too light for his frame. 

+20 pounds in the gym this offseason and hes going to be a monster. 

imagine all that skill, but just being able to skate through people instead of a million dipsydoodles. 

it would be a giant mistake to give up on a 90 point player who has had 2 incredible seasons despite not being anywhere near his potential physical peak. 

If J.Hughes, Barzal or Stutzle was to be coming back our way, well, I think it'd be hard to say no don't you think? 

JH - 8.00 X 6

MB - 9.15 X 7

TS - 8.35 X 7

Petey's at 11.600 x 8 soooo...the math maths better.

• Like 2