[Rumour] Canucks looking to move Beauvillier?

3 hours ago, J-23 said:

Ya but that’s not an issue right now.

Garland will likely get traded once the cap goes up.

Podkolzin needs to stay in the AHL, confidence and continue to work on his game. Good start for him so far.

Podz should get healthy and stay in the AHL, then maybe, later this year, brought up. 

Otherwise, next year he's in the NHL. 

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Googlie said:

Tocchet likes Juulsen 

Yeah. He's a hard-nosed kid who, with the right guidance, could still be a solid player, the kind we need. 

Big, strong, hard-hitting, stay at home, righty. 

Edit: Plus, he's not getting sent down to the baby Canucks, he'd get picked off waiver, just like that. 

He's training with NHL players and getting great guidance from Foote and Gonchar, and all of the other coaches, players. 

Edited by Barn Burner
  • Cheers 4

22 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

You're kidding, right? He has had those "opportunities" the past two years. 

What I'm talking about is that he's finally gotten through a horrible part of his life and has now become the player we all hoped he would. 

Touching, my ass. 

Did you watch last year he was healthy? Only missed 8 games. He played mostly on the 3rd line and didn’t get any PP1 time. I’m trying to say he was always that player they just for the past little while never gave him the opportunity to shine.

2 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Did you watch last year he was healthy? Only missed 8 games. He played mostly on the 3rd line and didn’t get any PP1 time. I’m trying to say he was always that player they just for the past little while never gave him the opportunity to shine.

Anyway, his head wasn't into the game. He's been given many opportunities. And last year too. 

Get over it. He's doing fantastic and he's helping the team win. 

You don't want that? 

6 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

He wasn't healthy at the beginning of the year. He was trying to recover from a wrist injury. 
Plus like barn burner said he was not there mentality (he even admitted himself) plus a very strong training in the summer. He is noticeably quicker and stronger this year.

That one timer ppg this year was non-existence in his game for the past few seasons.

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, Mordekai said:

I am sure Allvin is targeting teams that can't score and still have playoff aspirations like Caps, Krakens, Blues etc. Hopefully we can get a late 2nd/3rd rounder and B prospect.

Dude I’d be excited for just the cap space no retention and “future considerations”

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Pretty obvious there is no point reasoning with you you’ve made up your mind. 

The rest of us in reality know we don’t have to move a good prospect in a position we still need depth at to acquire Peeke. 

All of us know that none of us know anything. We have different opinions on the value of the players in the deal. I should have never made a proposal as they all are equally pointless. As pointless as bringing up "water is wet" level of points in a discussion on a Canucks dedicated message boards. We are all way past that level of understanding. 

I am not going to be arrogant enough to say Peeke couldn't be had for a pick. However, that's not relevant to a Canucks team with no space to acquire him that way.

If any of you at one point said "I think we could move Beauv for a pick and then flip that pick for Peeke" we would have had something to talk about. 

I don't see any point of moving Beauvillier if the plan is to not do anything with the cap space that's then available. In that scenario, I'd let him walk all the way to UFA to keep scoring depth at least. 

Edited by DeltaSwede
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Remember last season when people here were thinking Beauvillier would make up the points from Horvat  ? 😂

Yup.

But it’s only because he’ was on EP and Kuz line that he was putting up the points.  Now that Mik is back…Beau doesn’t really fit anywhere.  Unless they want to put Mik on the 3rd/4th line and put Beau back with EP.

1 minute ago, BPA said:

Yup.

But it’s only because he’ was on EP and Kuz line that he was putting up the points.  Now that Mik is back…Beau doesn’t really fit anywhere.  Unless they want to put Mik on the 3rd/4th line and put Beau back with EP.

No..... Put Beau on with JT and Brock. our little PDG has done nothing anyway and at least possible suiters will see Beau against the Matthews line, the top lines on any team.

If youre gonna sell a guy you dont display him washing dishes in the kitchen

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

brock boeser did not mostly played on the 3rd line.. his linemates with the most ice time spent together was Miller, Horvat, PDG, Pettersson, Mikheyev and pearson before they were injured.. his centerman at all time is Horvat, Miller, Pettersson.. i hardly call that he mostly played on the 3rd line and didn't get any pp1 time.. he have the same amount of pp1 time as kuzmenko and he started on the pp1.. he was struggling coz of other things.. it was definitely not he's struggling coz he never gotten the opportunity to shine.. he has the 4th highest ice time on forwards 4th in even strength 4th in PP.. if he's playing mostly 3rd line as you claimed.. how is he ahead of ice time on 2 other top 6 forward?

3 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Remember last season when people here were thinking Beauvillier would make up the points from Horvat  ? 😂

That was all Alf.  But I think it had more to do with his unnatural hatred of Horvat.

Technically speaking, both players have scored 25 regular season points since the trade.

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, TopCheese said:

Im sure garly is retracting his trade request after the way we have started hes been great 

downlow on the forcheck and on the walls beau on the other hand for me is mid and is a waste of a roster spot hes been underwhelming love to see a trade hapoen to send him out 

Garland never asked for a trade.

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Trade both Beau and Garland. I’d rather have Bains and Podz. 

No you wouldn't. If those guys were NHL caliber they would be on the team. They aren't yet.

And neither can replace the tenacity and boardwork that Garland brings. Beau is also steady and reliable.

Sure both can be upgraded, but trust me Podz and Bains are not upgrades.

55 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

PDG has done nothing? The guy is a forechecking machine. He may not show up on the scoresheet as often as Miller and Brock, but he is a big reason why that line has been successful. He causes havoc down low and gets the others the puck. 

I agree, but sounds so familiar to what Garland does and gets no creds.... If we want teams to look at garlund they should swap places when we are playing some big lines. I would prefer PDG cap over Garland and Beau but he doesnt need to be on the JT/Brock line till after TDL