[Trade] Anaheim Trades Jamie Drysdale, 2025 2nd to Philadelphia for Cutter Gauthier

• Honkin Hronek changed the title to [Trade] Anaheim Trades Drysdale, 2025 2nd to Philadelphia for Cutter Gauthier
  • Honkin Hronek changed the title to [Trade] Anaheim Trades Jamie Drysdale, 2025 2nd to Philadelphia for Cutter Gauthier

Interesting trade. Youth for youth. Spicy deal. We won't know who wins this for about 5-10 years, but my gut is that the Flyers do. Young RHD who could become a top pairing guy is worth a heck of a lot and he's already done pretty well at the NHL level. Gauthier hasn't played pro hockey yet, but maybe has a higher ceiling if he hits it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

Holy crap that's a lot of talent being moved for one another. 

Good on the Flyers for recouping value from a player who doesn't want to play for them. Wonder if we will ever know why Gautheir doesn't want to be a flyer. 

I'm guessing torts?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Great trade for PHI, imho.

Very surprising. 

If only Bedard was as insistent as Gauthier!
First the big Perry rumour.

Now a busted jaw.

Should just request his way home.

The universe is making its case for it. 

• Vintage 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Seems like throwing in a 2nd was a waste. Must have been a bidding war.

Makes sense though. Ducks have Zellwegar coming up. Makes Drysdale redundant. Flyers get some much needed offence from the blueline 

Gauthier not ok with Philly but Bedard is ok with Chicago.

People thought we wouldn't see a highly drafted prospect pull this move, but this proves that it's certainly possible, and that Bedard is a gutless coward.

Good trade for both teams value-wise.

Anaheim had to give up a 2nd rounder too? Philly didn't exactly have a lot of trading power given Gauthier said he wasn't interested in playing there. Lol. We'll see how this goes, not everyone vibes with Torts and Drysdale doesn't exactly play hard.

This trade's got me thinking, if Allvin finds an RHD that he'd like to pair with Hughes or a young 2nd line C (if the Lotto line stays intact) and if one of our blue-chippers doesn't want to sign here, if he'll make that move for us, and 2) if folks will form a mob and want to burn down his house for trading such and such a player.  Briere is so ballsy and I appreciate that in this move - I really like the trade for both teams, Drysdale fits the Flyers' age group and RHD are hard to find, while Gauthier fits much better with the Ducks as mentioned.