[Signing] Canucks extend Podkolzin for 2 years

200.gif

Show’’em what you got in the playoffs kid! Big congratulations to podz who’s been working his butt off in Abby. Solid signing like everyone else has mentioned! 2x1 is a great deal for him and the us moving forward! 

• MillerTime 1

hopefully this gives Pods some relief and plays more loose as he doesn't have to worry about his future in the short-term. When you're borderline NHL player it must be stressful for these guys especially as he has a kid now

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, filthy animal said:

Filthydamus is calling it and you heard it here first

Podz is gonna get the gwg, ot winner, game 7 against the Leafs

We can’t play the Leafs in the first round.

Oh wait, did you think Leafs were getting out of round 1? That is a bold prediction.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, R3aL said:

Watch him have a little break out in the playoffs Episode 8 Nbc GIF by America's Got Talent

I actually think giving young guys ice time during playoff intense games does wonders for their development.  They come back the following year having experienced peek competition and intensity, so the regular season feels that much slower and easier to play in. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

If JT can turn Podz into 80% of the player he is, I think we'll all be mighty happy.

I keep screaming at the tv for Tocchet to put Podkolzin on a line with Miller and Boeser. I think he may do that in the playoffs. Or next year for sure. As a 10th overall pick I want to see him in the top 6 and being a force out there. 20 goals next year should be his potential. He got 14 as a rookie. 

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Good signing. I hope he turns into a Yakov Trenin type player for us. Hard nosed, high energy bottom 6er that can pot 15 goals a year. There’s a ton of value in that.

Edited by Odd.
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I keep screaming at the tv for Tocchet to put Podkolzin on a line with Miller and Boeser. I think he may do that in the playoffs. Or next year for sure. As a 10th overall pick I want to see him in the top 6 and being a force out there. 20 goals next year should be his potential. He got 14 as a rookie. 

Pretty sure Podz has played in that spot, and also as a winger with Petey and Hoggy, and those lines both did really well.  Maybe Tocchet is saving some of this stuff for the playoffs...

3 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

What a humble and character kid. His game and English have come a long way. I know his contract will be a steal given how hard he plays and just keeps getting better. Look at all those Hits!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tecumseh said:

What a humble and character kid. His game and English have come a long way. I know his contract will be a steal given how hard he plays and just keeps getting better. Look at all those Hits!!

Yup!  3.78 hits per game.  Joshua is at 3.92.  The 'floor' has been set for Podz.  He's definitely a bottom 6 capable NHLer.  Now we wait and be patient to see if he can become the top 6 power forward we hoped he would be.  If we can re-sign Joshua, it'll be fantastic to have Miller, Podz, and Joshua in our forward group. 

• Vintage 1

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It would have to be a one way deal as he's not waiver eligible anymore...

I believe that they can still sign it as a two way deal, but he would need to be waived regardless if he's sent down. I think there are some contracts out there that are past waivers, but carry a lower AHL payout. I could be wrong on this though...

2 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I believe that they can still sign it as a two way deal, but he would need to be waived regardless if he's sent down. I think there are some contracts out there that are past waivers, but carry a lower AHL payout. I could be wrong on this though...

One-way vs two-way deals only determine if you make less in the minors or not. Waiver eligibility is only based on Games Played and Age now, and re-entry waivers have been eliminated. I think two-way deals used to be waiver free.

• Cheers 1