[PGT] Vancouver at Nashville - Round 1 - Game 3

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I mean, there was a very public, live tv confrontation between him and dchenn after a very bad game was there not?

and dak and garland fought in preseason and kesler and mitchell and blah blah blah. confrontation happens. confrontation is necessary sometimes. 

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, -dlc- said:

I'd argue that they actually shifted things from complacency to one of uneasiness. And that was needed.

Exactly! It’s fun to win. But it takes sacrifice to win enough to be a top club. And there are some players who just find it too uncomfortable to make those needed sacrifices because it’s not fun to them. Miller leads the group into the battle and it isn’t comfortable. But that’s what it takes to win. There are some players who refuse to be uncomfortable. JR/PA move those guys out. Then there are players who do even better when pushed out of their comfort zone. JR/PA bring those guys in. Miller, and guys like him, are hugely important in getting players to move into that uncomfortable area where winning happens. 

• MillerTime 4

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Exactly! It’s fun to win. But it takes sacrifice to win enough to be a top club. And there are some players who just find it too uncomfortable to make those needed sacrifices because it’s not fun to them. Miller leads the group into the battle and it isn’t comfortable. But that’s what it takes to win. There are some players who refuse to be uncomfortable. JR/PA move those guys out. Then there are players who do even better when pushed out of their comfort zone. JR/PA bring those guys in. Miller, and guys like him, are hugely important in getting players to move into that uncomfortable area where winning happens. 

I hear Long Island is really comfortable this time of year. 

• Haha 2

image.png.eb1c08d8e5edb4bfef08727c5e01b585.png

I didn't feel like the preds were generating anything where I was like uh oh!

Canucks last 2 months of a crash course from Tocc in stingy hockey with a few nedded crashes, are paying dividends. De Smith can stop those low danger shots all day Silovs too and Demko on one leg. Preds only generated 1 high danger shot attempt against. Their stars are getting worn down. Our top 10 has 17 points theirs have 10. Stay calm "meet pressure with pressure" the owness is on them now to tie the series. Keep them to the outside and when the load up to penetrate take advantage. Never thought I'd be advocating dead puck era hockey especially for this team with our stable of wheelers but I feel like that's nash game. As soon as we get loosey goosey they'll start getting ducky lucky. 

Stay the course diamond fucking hands. Hodl.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

Now a wee bit of negativity; Our highest paid player has to learn how to find his scoring touch, not only in this round, if we win it, but further on down the line.

Pettersson has to get going. Rick is reluctant to employ the 649 line because he wants two, out and out scoring lines, I get that.

I hear folks say; Petey needs to be a game changer. Well he's matured enough that he should have and be running his own line. Bark orders

on the ice and and on the bench. He's pretty silent, at least from what I see on TV. Can't see nothin watching the little snippets from practices.

He's fine on the powerplay, needs to be more aggressive five on five, IMO.

A wins a win.  Move on to tomorrows game.  Massive game, coming home with a chance to close out on home ice would be huge.  Oilers probably cruise through in 5, getting through Nashville as quick as possible would be huge.  

4 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Now a wee bit of negativity; Our highest paid player has to learn how to find his scoring touch, not only in this round, if we win it, but further on down the line.

Pettersson has to get going. Rick is reluctant to employ the 649 line because he wants two, out and out scoring lines, I get that.

I hear folks say; Petey needs to be a game changer. Well he's matured enough that he should have and be running his own line. Bark orders

on the ice and and on the bench. He's pretty silent, at least from what I see on TV. Can't see nothin watching the little snippets from practices.

Isn’t Miller our highest paid player? And he’s been great. 

Edited by Alflives
  • MillerTime 1

Just now, NewbieCanuckFan said:

EP's actual salary this season was $10.25 million.

Cap allocation? 
Your concept would suggest that Petey, in a year without a bonus, was one of our lowest paid players. 
Cap allocation determines where the player ranks. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, tas said:

and dak and garland fought in preseason and kesler and mitchell and blah blah blah. confrontation happens. confrontation is necessary sometimes. 

Schenn said something to Miller and pointed at him....they said words of frustration as they skated off the ice. Drama. 5-1 loss and yeah, we don't want guys being "ok" with that. They weren't. 

Not really anything monumental.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Schenn said something to Miller and pointed at him....they said words of frustration as they skated off the ice. Drama.

Not really anything monumental.

I'm just pretending that Schenn isn't actually playing for Nashville. Thats my coping mechanism there. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Cap allocation? 
Your concept would suggest that Petey, in a year without a bonus, was one of our lowest paid players. 
Cap allocation determines where the player ranks. 

Cash salary (his contract was structured that way).  I'm just assuming that's what the other poster was referring to (as Petey's new cap hit doesn't take until effect until the next season)

Man what happens if DeSmith just starts playing lights out and Demko is ready to return next round. Do we keep playing DeSmith?

I think Big Z has moved into my #1 spot to re-sign. We’d probably be down 3-0 without him imo. They’d be walking into our zone easily and Hughes would be getting slaughtered, they sure calmed down after that big hit on Josi. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I'm just pretending that Schenn isn't actually playing for Nashville. Thats my coping mechanism there. 

I bought his practice worn hoodie. I'm going to burn it. (not really)

I didn't like him going for Garland. Maybe it's carry over from the mean girls period referred to earlier?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Cash salary (his contract was structured that way).  I'm just assuming that's what the other poster was referring to (as Petey's new cap hit doesn't take until effect until the next season)

Makes no difference. Contracts total costs are spread out over the full term. So yearly cap allocation is all that matters. Otherwise guys with big front loaded bonuses would be the lowest salaries on their clubs in non bonus years. That makes no sense. 

21 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Hard to do when you're double teamed, much like they are doing to Quinn.

I do think Rick is looking for ways to help petey find more open ice - his time with players last night:

image.png.c0eecf5b1b910dba9efb444773ed7e32.png

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Highest paid guy now is Miller.  I think he's doing fine. 

• ThereItIs 1