[PGT] Vancouver at Nashville - Round 1 - Game 3

Love him or hate him having Myers back in the line up seemed to really help.  Having a Boeing 747 wing span doesn't hurt.  Love to see Zadorov playing with that edge.  Preds forwards are certainly keeping their heads up when skating into the Canuck zone.  Keep it up guys.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, I.Am.Ironman said:

On another note... The Canucks goal differential while I am holding crying baby in my Canucks shirt is now 5:0 this round (3 goals including the empty netter, 2 goals yesterday). I have commitments tomorrow afternoon so I hope the boys can hold off the preds until I get home. The shirt will not see the laundry until the next round.

Damn you, we're 3-0 on the road when i'm wearing my hughes shirt too so i've now got to wear it 😆

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

I don't get why anyone is hating on the guy who scored which was 100% him and who gave a perfect pass to set up the only other goal...

Sedins never did that. I'll take the beast.

JT is a beast and we are truly fortunate to have him. Love that guy.

• MillerTime 3

1 minute ago, Comox Blaster said:

Love him or hate him having Myers back in the line up seemed to really help.  Having a Boeing 747 wing span doesn't hurt.  Love to see Zadorov playing with that edge.  Preds forwards are certainly keeping their heads up when skating into the Canuck zone.  Keep it up guys.

I'm going to say that playoff myers is a beast and any other comment about him i've made refers only to regular season myers.

• Haha 2

Just now, OldFaithfulcap said:

Damn you, we're 3-0 on the road when i'm wearing my hughes shirt too so i've now got to wear it 😆

Nice. We all have to do out part. If you've ever held a baby for a long period of time you know that the shoulder burn gets real... but it's the playoffs and success doesn't come without sacrifice.

4 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

I don't get why anyone is hating on the guy who scored which was 100% him and who gave a perfect pass to set up the only other goal...

Sedins never did that. I'll take the beast.

Each Sedin also won the Art Ross trophy.  You need both "types" of players.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

20 minutes ago, Wing said:

I think Canucks strategy to sit back against a team like Preds work because they only have one line in Forsberg OReilly and Nyquist that can score. You shut that down and preds offense goes dry. We'll probably be trading games like this the whole series, but I am hoping the next time preds sit back we'll break through because we're the better team in depth. 

Joshua a factor in game 1 and then our pp came alive in game 3. So hard to predict who will step up next game. Hopefully all of the above plus Petey getting a goal. 

I agree there and if they get by the Preds, you'll see them alter their game plan for their next opponent

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I agree there and if they get by the Preds, you'll see them alter their game plan for their next opponent

The way you separate the good coaches from the great ones.  How well they adjust to what their opponent was/is doing.  

Willie Desjardins would merely roll the lines no matter what.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

1 minute ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

I'm going to say that playoff myers is a beast and any other comment about him i've made refers only to regular season myers.

Regular season Myers was excellent as well.  29 points, 19 mins a night........he had a very good season

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Hermaphrodite here.

You can tell me to go fuck myself and I can actually do it.

I live in Australia.

I don't have an internet connection apart from my phone and tablet.

I never use a credit card, ever.

Today I was informed of a way I might be able to watch the games.

Def hard to watch games then. Oh well bring your passion, stream it and maybe we'll do a bradbury this year and finish first.

• Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, Rekker said:

JT is a beast and we are truly fortunate to have him. Love that guy.

There are so many reasons why pre-Tocc Millers emotions would have boiled over. The guy and his family clearly liked it here, and mgmt at the time kept fielding a crap team with bad coaching. Lots of guys were not putting in close to 100%. No kidding thats going to suck for a competitive guy. Most guys would just float and not give two shits and then bolt first chance they get. 

But put him in a situation where things are aligned like they are now? he's clearly pretty happy and that energy he brings is huge. 

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Def hard to watch games then. Oh well bring your passion, stream it and maybe we'll do a bradbury this year and finish first.

@OldFaithfulcap I lived in Australia for a while working and managed to watch games live through pirate video streams. Sometimes had to search a little bit but generally had good luck finding a clear stream. Onmy GDT's thread towards the end of the season, I posted a few links.

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, stawns said:

Doesn't it bother you that I have an opinion?  That sounds like a you problem, not a me problem

I would argue that you dont like opinions with how often you disagree with people

im simply pointing out that if you were as bang on with your opinions as you think you are then you would be getting paid for them, which you’re not…

food for thought 🤫

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rocket-68 said:

@OldFaithfulcap I lived in Australia for a while working and managed to watch games live through pirate video streams. Sometimes had to search a little bit but generally had good luck finding a clear stream. Onmy GDT's thread towards the end of the season, I posted a few links.

I used to listen to cknw via the net, then i would possibly/allegedly download full games via some private torrent sites. So i ended up watching most games twice. I liked hughson but that's why i love shorty so much.

Lots of people here who have an aussie and canuck connection and not all whistler ski dudes.

19 minutes ago, stawns said:

Are you saying all the things that Miller did when he and the team was down didn't happen?  Those were all things we saw and things we all agreed we saw at the time.  Let's at least admit we all saw the same thing from Miller at that time.

Yet he's been #1 or #2 in points on the team since he arrived here.

Did you see that part?

We're not paying him to be cute and cuddly....we're paying him to...put up points and help the team win. He's always done that, even when he was moody.

Be more specific and maybe name "all the things we/you saw".

He slammed sticks and gates....he was frustrated. The whole damn team was but he wasn't afraid to pretend everything was fine as the house burned down. He reacted.

And if his stuff made some people uncomfortable....maybe they needed that.

• Like 1
  • MillerTime 3

16 minutes ago, stawns said:

Are you saying all the things that Miller did when he and the team was down didn't happen?  Those were all things we saw and things we all agreed we saw at the time.  Let's at least admit we all saw the same thing from Miller at that time.

I'm saying those things didn't have a negative effect on his teammates or coaches. 

• MillerTime 2

1 minute ago, tas said:

I'm saying those things didn't have a negative effect on his teammates or coaches. 

I'd argue that they actually shifted things from complacency and acceptance to one of uneasiness. Stirring of the pot. And that was needed.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tas said:

I mean, there was a very public, live tv confrontation between him and dchenn after a very bad game was there not?