RUMOUR Kuz for Crouse +2nd

On 1/6/2024 at 3:23 PM, qwijjibo said:

The source of the "rumour" is essentially just a fan site. No credibility at all.  Arizona wouldn't swap Crouse for Kuzmenko 1 for 1, let alone adding a 2nd 

The only thing I found was an article on NHLtraderumor.com by Rob Ellis.

He states he's viewed as an expert with 13 years of insider experience.

Also associated with Nick Kypreos.

I don't know. 

If this was a thing, I'd have to think an Elliotte Friedman would be all over it.

It would be an awesome pick up though. 

Been watching his career since he was drafted. He'd bring a, bigtime, physical dimension to this team and on a good contract.

14 minutes ago, Komodo0921 said:

The only thing I found was an article on NHLtraderumor.com by Rob Ellis.

He states he's viewed as an expert with 13 years of insider experience.

Also associated with Nick Kypreos.

I don't know. 

If this was a thing, I'd have to think an Elliotte Friedman would be all over it.

It would be an awesome pick up though. 

Been watching his career since he was drafted. He'd bring a, bigtime, physical dimension to this team and on a good contract.

the biggest issue with this trade rumor is people just pretend kuzmenko doesn't have a m-ntc.. it's a 12 team no trade and you can prolly bet your life saving arizona is on there.. no one is going to willingly go play in a college arena for years if given the choice.. unless they plan to threaten putting kuzmenko in the pressbox every game unless he's willing to waive to go to arizona lol.

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

the biggest issue with this trade rumor is people just pretend kuzmenko doesn't have a m-ntc.. it's a 12 team no trade and you can prolly bet your life saving arizona is on there.. no one is going to willingly go play in a college arena for years if given the choice.. unless they plan to threaten putting kuzmenko in the pressbox every game unless he's willing to waive to go to arizona lol.

I was going to write and say that they're having a good season, but they're 28-40. Another losing season, and probably falling out of the playoff picture. 

If they were a winner, and Kuzmenko has an opportunity to play more there, I think he does waive. 

9 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I was going to write and say that they're having a good season, but they're 28-40. Another losing season, and probably falling out of the playoff picture. 

If they were a winner, and Kuzmenko has an opportunity to play more there, I think he does waive. 

winner or not.. one look at the roster in arizona.. he ain't waiving there as he'll be playing for a contract next season.. and arizona doesn't really have any talent that'll help him on the next contract.. playing in a college arena in the desert heat with 0 russians he can talk to. Arizona is literally playing the type of hockey Kuzmenko doesn't play.. the hard working grinder type style that plays hard on both end..

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

they’re 19-17

7 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I might as well, but that might be an overpayment. 

Yes, but you are also buying cap space and an excellent contract. Essentially get a proven player with the skill set we need on a great contract with 3.5 years of Team control.

So basically:

We get a player we NEED and 1.2m in cap space ------> for a player with 1 year of team control and a later round 1 1st. 

This is a no brainer; Imagine if 2021 Podz showed back up. Our front 6 and D would be quite large all of a sudden.

15 minutes ago, Bobby James said:

I think we'd have to add, not them. 

Would anyone do Kuz plus our 1st for Crouse and a 3rd? 

That seems more possible since I think most of us agree Crouse is the most valuable piece here. 

I’m making this deal.

Crouse on a top team like ours would flourish. 
He’s not a proven playoff performer (no fault of his own tbh), but he brings that playoff style player profile that we’re looking for.

• ThereItIs 1

On 1/9/2024 at 2:25 AM, wai_lai416 said:

winner or not.. one look at the roster in arizona.. he ain't waiving there as he'll be playing for a contract next season.. and arizona doesn't really have any talent that'll help him on the next contract.. playing in a college arena in the desert heat with 0 russians he can talk to. Arizona is literally playing the type of hockey Kuzmenko doesn't play.. the hard working grinder type style that plays hard on both end..

I would do a three way and trade Kuzy to Chicago to play with Bedard.  We get their 2024 2nd round pick and then flip that along with our 2024 1st for Crouse.  This would be similar to the Horvat deal.  Kuzy won't waive to go to Arizona but he would definitely be interested in playing with Bedard and probably Celebrini too...

Crouse          Pettersson     Mikheyev

Hoglander     Miller              Boeser

Joshua          Blueger          Garland

Podkolzin      Suter              Lafferty

I would go with this lineup next season.  I think Lekkerimaki will be ready for the big show.  Podkolzin starts on the 4th line.  we bring back all of our Dmen, even Myers, and go on a run for the cup two years in a row.  If we win it once then that's it.  I can die in peace and don't care what happens afterwards...

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/9/2024 at 8:52 AM, Coryberg said:

🤔

Lol was gonna say... man they played a lot of games!

It's so not a hockey city, so they're just cramming in all the games as fast they can so they can move on with life.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I would do a three way and trade Kuzy to Chicago to play with Bedard.  We get their 2024 2nd round pick and then flip that along with our 2024 1st for Crouse.  This would be similar to the Horvat deal.  Kuzy won't waive to go to Arizona but he would definitely be interested in playing with Bedard and probably Celebrini too...

Crouse          Pettersson     Mikheyev

Hoglander     Miller              Boeser

Joshua          Blueger          Garland

Podkolzin      Suter              Lafferty

I would go with this lineup next season.  I think Lekkerimaki will be ready for the big show.  Podkolzin starts on the 4th line.  we bring back all of our Dmen, even Myers, and go on a run for the cup two years in a row.  If we win it once then that's it.  I can die in peace and don't care what happens afterwards...

Only thing is I think ARZ made it clear they want to start competing, so draft picks are probably not what they want.  They'd want players that can help them take the next step.

To VAN:

Crouse

To ARZ:

Roslovic

Peeke

2nd (CLB)

To CLB:

Kuzmenko

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, HKSR said:

It's so not a hockey city, so they're just cramming in all the games as fast they can so they can move on with life.

I forgot they only fit 5000 in the rink so they have to play 4 times the games to be a big boy team.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Joel Eriksson Ek. 26yo 2C, 6 foot 3 207lbs, good 5.25aav with term. 

Not sure the chances, but this guy fits the mold.

The only reason Minnesota entertains trading Eriksson Ek is if they decide to go scorched earth rebuild.

He's an elite defensive center who somewhat recently found another level offensively and is locked in at a good cap hit for the next 5 seasons. Plus he is a member of the leadership core and as you pointed out still fairly young. I can't see why Minnesota would ever consider trading him unless it's a massive overpayment.

• ThereItIs 2

Just now, Diamonds said:

The only reason Minnesota entertains trading Eriksson Ek is if they decide to go scorched earth rebuild.

He's an elite defensive center who somewhat recently found another level offensively and is locked in at a good cap hit for the next 5 seasons. Plus he is a member of the leadership core and as you pointed out still fairly young. I can't see why Minnesota would ever consider trading him unless it's a massive overpayment.

If Minny is thinking of going in a different direction, which they might be, I'd be okay going all-in for him. Ek is exactly what we need if we want to keep the Lotto line together: 26yo, 6'3 207lbs, 200ft player, term. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3