[Signing] Jason Dickinson re-sign with Blackhawks

1 minute ago, PureQuickness said:

Pearson was not overpaid at all. He provided RELIABLE points for his pay. People were just expecting him to be a 40 or 50 goal scorer, which is unrealistic.

Something to note about the Benning regime: Pearson and Dickinson are both doing well AWAY from the team. There was just something about how Benning assembled his team that didn't flow. Yes, keeping Green was a BIG mistake.

Well I dare to be wrong.... Rather a 5 million forward than a 3.5 million one ..  alot of Pearson's strengths were filled in by PDG at 2.7 million cheaper... 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MidKnight Ego said:

Well I dare to be wrong.... Rather a 5 million forward than a 3.5 million one ..  alot of Pearson's strengths were filled in by PDG at 2.7 million cheaper... 

To be honest, PDG was a good fill-in but didn't statistically bring back the same value. I like PDG. He's not a Pearson at all.

image.thumb.png.c14dcc6836ed5edf6c3aa359fcea54da.png

Here's Pearson

image.thumb.png.ec5d1408a1378da4532fb2a097bd27fb.png

So yeah... I think you need to re-amend your original point.

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

Pearson was not overpaid at all. He provided RELIABLE points for his pay. People were just expecting him to be a 40 or 50 goal scorer, which is unrealistic.

Something to note about the Benning regime: Pearson and Dickinson are both doing well AWAY from the team. There was just something about how Benning assembled his team that didn't flow. Yes, keeping Green was a BIG mistake.

Pearson has 8 points in 27 games and is currently injured. Not sure that classifies as doing well. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 3

1 hour ago, PureQuickness said:

I'm not impressed with putting up points on a horrible team.  Keith Freaking Ballard put up over 30 points twice on horrible teams often playing top 4 minutes.  He so good AV put Baumgartner ahead of him in the depth chart at one point in the post season. 

To be honest, PDG was a good fill-in but didn't statistically bring back the same value. I like PDG. He's not a Pearson at all.

image.thumb.png.c14dcc6836ed5edf6c3aa359fcea54da.png

Here's Pearson

image.thumb.png.ec5d1408a1378da4532fb2a097bd27fb.png

So yeah... I think you need to re-amend your original point.

No... Do the math...

• Haha 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Joshua and Blueger as well.  Both will be wanting new contracts similar to this one...

We definitely don't have the money for it, but some other team does.  That's what scares me.

• Cheers 1

Benning was so bad at organizing a team. Both players were redundant poor decisions. Could have gotten a second for Pearson at the TDL instead signs him for 3 years blocking our own ability to sign a top 6 player for Bo's wing. Good player, reasonable contract, horrible signing by Benning once again.

Well… he was rebuilding, so its gunna have its headaches. Relating the struggles of a team rebuilding on guys like Pearson and Dickinson who werent given the same kind of opportunities like Pettersson, Boeser, Horvat and Miller isnt a fair way to gauge things.

Im not shocked one bit hes scoring.

Dickinson was tied for 1st with 7 rush attempts when he played in Van with 400 less minutes than the guys above him at 5v5.

in all situations he had 8 rush attempts which was 3 behind Miller who was first on the team.

I got chirped for pointing out Dickinson is getting/finding open areas and getting chances hes just snake bitten and thats with 60% dzone starts. 
also defensively he was one of our best forwards.

• Cheers 2