With a Healthy Lineup, What Lines Are You Going With?

With the way Petey's year is going, he needs all the help he can get.  What better way than to put the 2 guys with a ton of chemistry together and just let Petey ride shotgun.

Miller and Boeser clearly have chemistry as well.  I really liked what I saw from Mikheyev when he was with those 2.  He played his best games of the season on Miller's wing.

3rd Line should be able to shutdown the other team's lines and counterpunch with offence.  Enter 2 puck retrieval guys and our best defensive centre.

4th Line can just go in and play a strong board battle game.  Podz, Blueger, and Lafferty provide that.

Defence pairs are pretty obvious, but I'd definitely sit Cole to start the playoffs.  I like the size and ferocity of a Zadorov/Juulsen pair, and the Soucy defensive offset to chaos giraffe on the other pair.

Mikheyev-Miller-Boeser

Garland-Petey-Joshua

Hoglander-Lindholm-Suter

Podkolzin-Blueger-Lafferty

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-Myers

Zadorov-Juulsen

Cole

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, HKSR said:

With the way Petey's year is going, he needs all the help he can get.  What better way than to put the 2 guys with a ton of chemistry together and just let Petey ride shotgun.

Miller and Boeser clearly have chemistry as well.  I really liked what I saw from Mikheyev when he was with those 2.  He played his best games of the season on Miller's wing.

3rd Line should be able to shutdown the other team's lines and counterpunch with offence.  Enter 2 puck retrieval guys and our best defensive centre.

4th Line can just go in and play a strong board battle game.  Podz, Blueger, and Lafferty provide that.

Defence pairs are pretty obvious, but I'd definitely sit Cole to start the playoffs.  I like the size and ferocity of a Zadorov/Juulsen pair, and the Soucy defensive offset to chaos giraffe on the other pair.

Mikheyev-Miller-Boeser

Garland-Petey-Joshua

Hoglander-Lindholm-Suter

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-Myers

Zadorov-Juulsen

Cole

Solid choices. I do very much like your contract predictions and hope they come to pass. 

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Mikheyev-Miller-Boeser

Garland-Petey-Joshua

Hoglander-Lindholm-Suter

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-Myers

Zadorov-Juulsen

Cole

I agree with your lineup with one note; I think Podz, Suter, and Mik are all interchangeable to generate/try to find chemistry. Podz is gonna be an animal come playoffs; he is SOOO strong on his feet. How he stayed standing while getting yarded from his shoulders in front of the net last night was crazy! I'd put him with Miller-Beoser to start.

I really don't understand what RT is doing right now. Minus Lindholm (Replace with Blueger at 3C; Aman at 4th line C for now), he should be doing this EXACT lineup. You can rest guys with reduced icetime; just play all four lines and 3 pairings equal minutes. And Cole needs more rest and should be scratched; Juulsen please!

Edited by BC_Hawk
  • Cheers 1

Miller Lindholm Boeser

Joshua Pettersson Garland

Hoglander Suter Mikheyev

Podkolzin Blueger Lafferty

PDG Aman

Hughes Zadorov

Cole Hronek

Soucy Myers

Friedman Juulsen 

Demko

DeSmith

• Upvote 1

Podkolzin Miller Boeser

Hoglander Pettersson Garland

Joshua Lindholm Mikheyev

PdG Blueger Lafferty

Suter Aman

Hughes Zadorov

Soucy Hronek

Juulsen Myers

Cole 

Demko

Silovs

56 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Mikheyev-Miller-Boeser

Garland-Petey-Joshua

Hoglander-Lindholm-Suter

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-Myers

Zadorov-Juulsen

Cole

45 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser

Hoglander - Lindholm - Podkolzin

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Mikheyev - Suter - Lafferty

Di Giuseppe

Hughes - Hronek

Zadorov - Myers

Soucy - Juulsen

Cole

18 minutes ago, Viking said:

Miller Lindholm Boeser

Joshua Pettersson Garland

Hoglander Suter Mikheyev

Podkolzin Blueger Lafferty

PDG Aman

Hughes Zadorov

Cole Hronek

Soucy Myers

Friedman Juulsen 

Demko

DeSmith

The forward partner pairings of Flow/JT and Garly/Daks seem prevalent in these starting playoff lineups. Seems to me the no matter where you place the Garly/Dakz pairing and with whomever third, you're gonna have some success. I think the same with Flow/JT. 

With Lindy out, Daks out earlier on from injury, and Soucy out earlier as well, RT and staff had opportunities abound to mix 'n' match players. The result is some chemistry with alternate lineups which in the playoffs, gives us more looks and different approaches towards opponents. The return from injury of key players in Daks and Soucy has once again given opportunity to find different combinations and find more alternative playoff line combo weaponry. Once Lindy returns to the lineup, we'll have a healthy lineup of centres to play with.

All the above suggestions have merit. The suggestions of classic combos that have worked consistently; Garly/Daks/Blueger, and Lotto Line might be good to start off. As in Nucker67's suggestion. The other suggestions are good lineup too well worth using if required. And with adjustments needed in NHL playoff hockey, they'll be needed!

I have been wondering when Tocch would put EP between Josh and Garland. So he put JTM there of course. 
Seems like best choice to getting EP going, Lindholm there also seems like good way to get him going but just can’t seem to find another winger that works with EP and Hoglander (Podz may be option in another season). 
We need a third line that is a threat to score. When Joshua went down and Kuz out the door NJD Lindholm put we only have 2 scoring lines and that is why the O has plummeted. Too easy to shut a team down when only have to worry about 2 lines that can score. 

Edited by DrJockitch
  • Cheers 1

Hoglander - Miller - Boeser

Joshua - Petey - Gnarly

Mikheyev - Lindholm - Suter

Podkolzin - Blueger - Lafferty

Hughes - Hronek

Soucy - Myers

Zadorov - Juulsen

Cole

Edited by Jester13
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Canuck You said:

Podz def deserves a top 6 role...Keep the lotto line together, re-do the best 3rd line in the league..If it ain't broke..

I'm one of Podz biggest fans... But does he? 14 games, 2 apples with no goals. He's been decent, great physical presence and reliable in both ends. But he has done nothing yet to show he can elevate up the lineup and produce. I'm not even saying he can't get a shot, but saying he deserves it seems like a stretch.

• Like 1

I just want to see some consistency in the line combos. I hate line juggling - it so rarely seems to help things. Give guys time to work through things and find chemistry. I think there's a large enough sample size now to see what worked throughout the season. If Tocchet is still juggling lines mid-game in the playoffs, I'm gonna have a conniption.

5 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser

Hoglander - Lindholm - Podkolzin

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Mikheyev - Suter - Lafferty

Di Giuseppe

Hughes - Hronek

Zadorov - Myers

Soucy - Juulsen

Cole

Petey needs a boost

I think Hogz and Podz will be big in playoffs, maybe it helps Lindholm

This.  I like the lotto line together.  I think hogs and podz will help with Lindholm's game (and we need his defensive game).  I love the Garland-Bluegar-Joshua line, they have developed great chemistry.  And maybe that 4th line can even score a couple of goals.  Hughes and Hronek together is a no-brainer.  And I like Zadorov with Myers.  For some reason Myers plays better when he doesn't have to be the only big man.  I think that lineup can go a long way if we can get back the spark we had mid-season.  Go Canucks Go!

Hoglander  Miller  Garland

Joshua  Pettersson  Boeser

Suter  Lindholm  Mikheyev

Podkolzin  Blueger  Lafferty

Aman Diguiseppe

Hughes  Hronek

Soucy  Myers

Zadorov  Juulsen

Cole Friedman

Demko  DeSmith/Silovs

Edited by RWMc1

Petey Miller Boeser

Podkolzin Lindholm Hoglander

Joshua Blueger Garland

Lafferty Suter Mikheyev 

Aman

Hughes Hronek

Zadorov Cole

Soucy Myers

Juulsen 

Demko

Desmith 

Edited by Rick_theRyper
  • Like 1

I mean if the lotto line gets back together all it takes it 16 wins, if they get hot they can burn any team! That puts the Gnar dog line back together too so that's a win too. Just gotta hope Hogz And Lindholm can gel with one of Podz, Mik etc

On 4/4/2024 at 1:40 PM, Miss Korea said:

FULLY healthy?  Where's Tucker Poolman

A big bodied  RH defenseman of his ilk woulda' been awesome to have in our lineup. Poolman, though a defenceman first, has also played forward positions ala Dustin Byfuglien, Brent Burns.

Sadly, migraine issues have kept him away from the game. Sh*t luck for us and him. He's been LTIR the past couple of seasons with us. Dude's got term and is with us for a couple of more seasons, although it seems likely his issues will keep him out for the foreseeable future. Aroo...........

Kind of makes ya' wonder what this team would look like if Poolman was in from the get go......Hmmmmmmmm........................

On 4/4/2024 at 1:40 PM, Miss Korea said:

FULLY healthy?  Where's Tucker Poolman

On the pile of refuse that Jim Benning brought in for the blueline.

On the one side, you have a future Norris trophy winner & possible HHOFer that he drafted...and on the other side, you have *ALOT* of pig manure.  A weird dichotomy.

How far away is Lindholm from returning to the lineup? Seems awfully quiet on the news end regarding his injury. Will he make it before the playoffs start?

I think that’s the biggest question to ask. We definitely have more flexibility with him in the lineup.