[Second Round] Vancouver Canucks (P1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

330 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Canucks in 7
    • Canucks in 6
    • Canucks in 5
    • Canucks in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Mute TV + radio feed has worked for me.  It's frustrating, but it's still better than listening to that dirtbag.

I go one step further... I listen to youtube music videos while watching the game. I only pause the music when I see something important. 

I don't need to listen to them telling me what I already know is happening. Plus that ************* commentator is more biased than what's her name for the Flames.  I've even seen him on air wearing an orange turban and tie with a blue sport coat.... I mean does no one else see this?

Edited by grumpyone
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, grumpyone said:

I go one step further... I listen to youtube music videos while watching the game. I only pause the music when I see something important. 

I don't need to listen to them telling me what I already know is happening. Plus that ************* commentator is more biased than what's her name for the Flames. 

I'll be doing the same if I can't sync up the audio.  What I'd really like is if they mic'd up ice level and gave a feed without commentary.  Put a parental control on it for language and I'd even be willing to pay extra for that channel.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'll be doing the same if I can't sync up the audio.  What I'd really like is if they mic'd up ice level and gave a feed without commentary.  Put a parental control on it for language and I'd even be willing to pay extra for that channel.

I may be showing my age here.... but on youtube search Pink Floyd... and just play their concerts back to back.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, grumpyone said:

I may be showing my age here.... but on youtube search Pink Floyd... and just play their concerts back to back.

That works better for Wizard of Oz than it does for hockey.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I bet majority of people would pay extra for that. They’d never do it tho, especially in today’s soft world. There’d be outrage after every game for some of the things said by the crybaby cancel crowd. 

I think we match up really well against EDM. Their a 1 trick pony. This is where the Lindholm trade pays dividends. I think it will be a tough series that goes to 6 or 7. We have the horses to neuter McDavid with Josuua and Miller roughing him up every time he touches the puck like Nash handled Pete.

We have the better depth I can see Pete being a real factor in this series. Hoping to see Podkolzin too he's got fresh legs and is just made for a series like this. Calling it now Podkolzin GWG in game 5 or 6 that swings momentum in our favor. 

Mikheyev can ride pine I know he's supposed to be a Mcdavid killer because he beat mcdavid in a foot race once on the leafs and thats why we got him but seriously he's where Pete's offence goes to die. PDG has been so valuable to the PK I can't see him coming out. 

We may drop a game or 2 but I think we should be hitting early and often Juulson and Pod should draw in and just bang for the first 2 games. We win this series on the playground. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, tas said:

singh is the number 2 national broadcast guy, whereas shorty is merely a regional guy who gets pulled into national when required. 

unfortunately, this result was never really in question. 

Should be the other way around. Singh is fine as an Oilers' regional guy, but I can't stand listening to him do our broadcasts. Shorthouse is a Canucks homer to be sure, but he balances himself well on the broadcast and leaves the homer takes to the colour guy (like Garret in the past).

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

26 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Mikheyev can ride pine I know he's supposed to be a Mcdavid killer because he beat mcdavid in a foot race once on the leafs and thats why we got him but seriously he's where Pete's offence goes to die

I don't think it can be understated how Mik is contributing to EP's crap play. EP is slumping and ultimately its on him to carry that line, but frig. New series, new hope for these two, and Hogs to step up.

1 minute ago, MattJVD said:

Singh is fine as an Oilers' regional guy, but I can't stand listening to him do our broadcasts

He's brutal, gets excited over everything and it's annoying as heck to listen to. All these sound bites recently with Bob Cole and it only drives home how bad Singh is. Bob was the best at building to a crescendo and saving the big call for the big play. Singh just doesn't have any of that. 

4 minutes ago, Rekker said:

He's brutal, gets excited over everything and it's annoying as heck to listen to. All these sound bites recently with Bob Cole and it only drives home how bad Singh is. Bob was the best at building to a crescendo and saving the big call for the big play. Singh just doesn't have any of that. 

Even Rick Ball would be an upgrade.  He's shown that he's capable of calling the game reasonably neutrally when it's a national broadcast.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Even Rick Ball would be an upgrade.  He's shown that he's capable of calling the game reasonably neutrally when it's a national broadcast.

Yip, anyone really would be better. Singh is just terrible and an Oilers homer to boot.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Bell said:

Mcwhiny is going to have nightmares facing JT in a 7 game series.  He will be at his Mcwhiniest .

Will be fun to watch won't it? I bet JT can't wait to make McD's life miserable. 

Demko would help even with how Silovs and DeSmith have played, but we'll have to find an extra gear offensively to win. Back to our midseason form where we rolled the Oil would be just fine. Of course, we won't have quite the shot blocking menace to contend with like with the Preds, but if we can't convert on more chances the Oil will find a way to convert on some of theirs.

I still say we win in 6.

• Cheers 1

You have to get licks on McDavid and RNH whenever possible. You need to hit them and hit to hurt, like another poster said, the same thing Nashville did against Hughes. Draisaitl is a bit tougher because of his size and strength, but if you slow down McDavid just enough the door cracks open for us to beat them.

I think one thing Vancouver really has going for them is the fact that they’re underdogs. Going 4-0 against them, winning the division and we’re just supposed to be a speed bump for them to run over? Talk about disrespect, Canucks players and coaches really need to lean into that. This series is winnable

• Upvote 2