[PGT] Brock Boeser vs Preds - Game 4, April 28th, 2024

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Donnie was on Canucks Central this evening. He says whenever the season ends don't be surprised that Petey has been playing hurt.

Which makes me wonder. Once the team clinched, why didn't they get Petey to rest and rehab as best they could until the playoffs?

Likely the kind of injury that rest will not fix. Surgery is needed. 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

So, with Canucks with a strangle hold on this series, lets hope that they can wrap it up tomorrow night and then relax and wait for the next round.

With that in mind, let's look at what I hope for as a conclusion to the other Western Conference series;

Lets start with:

Vegas and Dallas since they are playing tonight.

Don't care who wins, only that it's an exhausting series that goes 7 games and ends on quadruple overtime 

Colorado and Winnipeg (still think it sounds like a Game show for pirates...

Don't care who wins, only that it's an exhausting series that goes 7 games and ends on quadruple overtime 

Edmonton vs Los Angeles 

Actually, you can pretty much take that outcome and just spread it all across the rest of the Eastern Conference remaining games as well and I'm good!

Go Canucks Go!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Petey pre and post Minasota game (the infamous Feb 19 game)

25 games before from Chicago to Wild Game (Dec 17th - Feb 19th)

35 points, 18 goals.

25 games that followed the Wild game until the end of the regular season. (Feb 20 - April 19) 

16 points, 5 goals.

The Feb 19 Wild game was a turning point.  

34 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Donnie was on Canucks Central this evening. He says whenever the season ends don't be surprised that Petey has been playing hurt.

Which makes me wonder. Once the team clinched, why didn't they get Petey to rest and rehab as best they could until the playoffs?

Whatever it is, it seems to hamper just his shot and he can play thru it.  Prolly will take a little longer than a couple of weeks to fully heal

(Or it's cranial constipation  -  a lot of brain facts recently)

It wasn't just the fact the Canucks came back down 2 goals because they've done that before in '94 they came back vs the Leafs down 3 goals to eliminate them in game 5.  No, it was the fact there was less than 3 minutes left in the game that makes this moment the most astonishing comeback in Canucks history.

Edited by Pure961089
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The OT goal was created by Forsberg blowing the zone early and O’Reilly losing Lindy. Although Lindy was actually Forseberg’s responsibility. Cheating the game by their guys (Horfat Wallet level of cheating) looking for glory set up that winner for us. 

I was freaking out because Cole's pinch to keep the puck in was so risky. If he made a mistake Nashville was going the other way 3 on 1 and the game would have been over.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw him pinch. Thank God it worked because he was so out of position with no coverage.

4 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

I was freaking out because Cole's pinch to keep the puck in was so risky. If he made a mistake Nashville was going the other way 3 on 1 and the game would have been over.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw him pinch. Thank God it worked because he was so out of position with no coverage.

Not true... When Cole pinched... Lindy recognized... Came high to cover.  Once Cole was successful, Lindy floated down to the soft area, while Forsberg floated away towards the boards.  Leaving Lindy wide open. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

11 hours ago, HKSR said:

I think it's all a mental thing.  He's clearly extremely frustrated with himself, and therefore overthinking things which is leading to indecisiveness on the ice and thereby being just that split second behind the play all the time (offensively AND defensively).  We can see it with his shooting (he waits too long), his passing (he's passing when he should be shooting), his defensive coverage (he stands there processing for a split second that leads to opposition breakouts).  It's all over the ice.

He needs a mental reset.  Why he hasn't been sent to see a sports therapist or something yet is beyond me.  He needs to relax and try and have some fun out there.

How do you know he hasn’t seen a sports psychologist as the Canucks have used them in the past.

40 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Petey pre and post Minasota game (the infamous Feb 19 game)

25 games before from Chicago to Wild Game (Dec 17th - Feb 19th)

35 points, 18 goals.

25 games that followed the Wild game until the end of the regular season. (Feb 20 - April 19) 

16 points, 5 goals.

The Feb 19 Wild game was a turning point.  

What happened during the Wild game?

13 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

How do you know he hasn’t seen a sports psychologist as the Canucks have used them in the past.

Like I replied to another poster.  If he has, then we have an even bigger problem.

20 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Not true... When Cole pinched... Lindy recognized... Came high to cover.  Once Cole was successful, Lindy floated down to the soft area, while Forsberg floated away towards the boards.  Leaving Lindy wide open. 

But cole didn't return back to the line. He just hung out. I think. Not sure. 

Either way it worked out!

30 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

23 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

here is glue guy's analysis 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1