Aatu Räty | C

9 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Bains might end up bumping PDG out.  

Quite possible but don't think it will be this year. No Cap space advantage to be had and maybe better for Bains to get some more playoff experience with Abby this year before making the jump. I would really like to see both the big club and farm team do well this year.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

19 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Raty only emerged since he us no longer playing centre - maybe that means he is not yet a centre. Wing is a much simpler game.

I hope he can be a C and not switch to wing, we need this guy to make it in the NHL as a C to help us going forward imo. 

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Viking said:

I hope he can be a C and not switch to wing, we need this guy to make it in the NHL as a C to help us going forward imo. 

We seem to have a C in Sasson. Just happy to see Raty emerge at any position.

Edited by Ray_Cathode
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Yes. Bains is rapidly becoming a complete player. In the AHL he can try things he’d be benched for if the didn’t work in the show. He is an X WHL scoring champion with a real head for the game. But since he kills penalties and plays a strong defensive game, he can be brought up as a fourth liner - I see him as kind of like Burrows - who broke in as a fourth liner and worked his way up to the top line. Now there may be things that could keep Bains from that trajectory - but he could made a very good bottom sixes at any rate.

I was talking about Raty as this is a Raty thread.

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2023 at 1:19 PM, Pure961089 said:

Aatu Räty has been a monster this year.  Last 12 games he has 12 points. (5-7).  Now all the Canucks need is to put him back to centre.

those are some soft hands in tight. what a goal. 

An interesting article about Raty's offseason development and finaly becoming comfortable playing

in the AHL.  Kid certainly has the work ethic and hockey sense to make the NHL.  Raty continues

to gain confidence in his game.  His goal is to become an impact player in the NHL.

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/building-blue-chatting-with-aatu-raty-about-settling-in-and-finding-arki-in-abbotsford

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, higgyfan said:

An interesting article about Raty's offseason development and finaly becoming comfortable playing

in the AHL.  Kid certainly has the work ethic and hockey sense to make the NHL.  Raty continues

to gain confidence in his game.  His goal is to become an impact player in the NHL.

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/building-blue-chatting-with-aatu-raty-about-settling-in-and-finding-arki-in-abbotsford

On track to become a middle 6, solid C on the team. Hopefully as soon as next season. I think his game is really starting to round out.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/3/2024 at 8:18 PM, Mathew Barzal said:

Any update on this kid? How’s he tracking?

Been keeping a close eye on Raty all season as I feel he can be a huge piece of the puzzle moving forward if he can develop well.

He's still been solid, good along the board, good vision, and good instincts at both ends of the ice.  

He hasn't exactly been spectacular tho - but still has time to step that up.  As many know he's been moved from C to wing a month or 2 ago and has had a bit of a blender of line mates, which might be holding back his ability to really break out.  He has played with some good players tho to be far. 

Without a doubt, his biggest problem is still his foot speed.  Once up to speed, he is now ok, but accelerating from a stop or changing direction he looks a yard behind at least, really noticeable compared to the rest of the roster.  Not sure he can play on the big lineup with that flaw, considering how we play. 

Can't really comment on his skating technique, but he is a big guy and likely needs to really focus in the gym and nutrition this off-season to get himself an extra step. 

Edited by Eddie
Didn't finish it lol
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1