Jonathan Lekkerimäki | RW

46 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

Currently watching Lekkerimäki playing against my team Modo. 

So far he's done this beautiful little tap pass in the neutral zone through a defenders legs to spring his teammate for a breakaway. The gap he got the puck through was just wide enough for a puck. 

He followed that up with taking over on pp1 and really carrying that unit during the 2 mins. Had a great shot that hit the post and then continued to be the puck carrier and set up his teammates for more scoring chances. 

He's got me excited again the way he's started this season. Looks to be their biggest offensive threat this game, he's got so much skill. Drew a tripping penalty when he danced around a defender. 

Really high offensive skills here gentlemen 

Thx for the update. Super pumped that Lekker is stepping it up. Shows great character pushing through his post draft troubles. Probably leadership traits in the guy too.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

On 10/12/2023 at 12:18 PM, Rip The Mesh said:

He sure can.

See him make his decision as to where he wants the puck to go.

Then, the moment he decides to shoot, it is in the back of the net.

Could be the best release I have ever seen, and it is just getting better, harder, and more accurate.

His IQ is very high and his work on the boards, in open ice, and in defense is showing it.

These are now men he is playing against, excellent hockey players in a very good league.

He and Petey are gonna rip the NHL apart!

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, DeltaSwede said:

Currently watching Lekkerimäki playing against my team Modo. 

So far he's done this beautiful little tap pass in the neutral zone through a defenders legs to spring his teammate for a breakaway. The gap he got the puck through was just wide enough for a puck. 

He followed that up with taking over on pp1 and really carrying that unit during the 2 mins. Had a great shot that hit the post and then continued to be the puck carrier and set up his teammates for more scoring chances. 

He's got me excited again the way he's started this season. Looks to be their biggest offensive threat this game, he's got so much skill. Drew a tripping penalty when he danced around a defender. 

Really high offensive skills here gentlemen 

What is a guesstimate of what weight he is playing at? 

6 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Petey led his team in scoring at 19 years old.  In fact, he led the entire SHL in scoring in 2017-2018 as a 19 year old with 56 points. 

Pettersson is a generational player, so yes him accomplishing that at 19 years old is also unprecedented. 

• Confused 1

On 10/14/2023 at 11:18 PM, Bane said:

Pettersson is a generational player, so yes him accomplishing that at 19 years old is also unprecedented. 

Unprecedented literally means without precedent, i.e. never been done before. While very rare, it has been done by a handful of players including a few other Canucks in Gradin, Naslund, and the Sedins. Semantics, but think language is still important.

It is great seeing Lekkerimaki thrive early though, especially after his struggles last season.

3 hours ago, Diamonds said:

Unprecedented literally means without precedent, i.e. never been done before. While very rare, it has been done by a handful of players including a few other Canucks in Gradin, Naslund, and the Sedins. Semantics, but think language is still important.

It is great seeing Lekkerimaki thrive early though, especially after his struggles last season.

None of those players did what Petey did when they were 19.

• Vintage 1

On 10/15/2023 at 12:20 AM, DeltaSwede said:

I mean yea, he physically looks like the stereotypical 18-21 year old in the SHL, he's passing, he fits in, doesn't look out of place. If anything, his skill level makes him look a cut above despite a slight frame. 

Eliteprospects is usually accurate, hes got a thin frame and it still shows. Not gonna pretend I am in the know or connected. Whatever it was last year plus a handful of pounds.. maybe? he's more explosive which matters more. More engaged. Goes to the net. Snipes it like he's prime Markus Näslund and that's not an exaggeration. 

Pretty wasted right now (we just took another win as a newcomer tonight, currenlty like 3rd in the league after 10 games, everyone picked us to lose like every game (me too), and they just keep proving everyone wrong) so just gonna show some love to Modo. Markus Näslund, Henrik Sedin, Daniel Sedin, Alex Edler, can't even name them all. All MoDo, All Canucks. Nick Sundström as well right? Or maybe that's the guy I always think played a game for the Canucks but it was for the Thrashers or something. Edler is from my hometown, never met him, but really cemented my love for the Canucks after Nazzy left. t's chilling to think of the connections between what happens to be my two passions in life. Very lucky to have that. Even my home province in swedens official flag/colors are shared with the Canucks. Blue, white, green. 

Nazzy was our GM for a bit. Sadly probably the worst GM in franchise history. Him and Forsberg got us relegated. 

Whatever Lek has done after his past season.. it was the right thing to do for him. Good he got out from the organization he was with. He stuck with them when they got relegated before last season, respect, but I'm glad he ultimately decided to priorities his own career. 

If it's himself or someone else, I hope this approach carries on. Very professional and assertive out there. Looks like a star/veteran in the SHL right now. Was a nice segment to highlight the infamous Lekkerimäki snipe in the pre-game. It's a thing in Swedish hockey media, the Lekkerimäki snipe. He looks way too good to be 19 years old and he's getting the attention.  

He knows his future is somewhere else and he's playing like it. EXACTLY, the type of reaction I would like to see from a prospect that struggled with injuries/sickness in D+1. 

Hope he ends up making this post look informative. 

Godd post Delta 🍺

• Cheers 1

On 10/14/2023 at 3:58 PM, Goal_thecup said:

He sure can.

See him make his decision as to where he wants the puck to go.

Then, the moment he decides to shoot, it is in the back of the net.

Could be the best release I have ever seen, and it is just getting better, harder, and more accurate.

His IQ is very high and his work on the boards, in open ice, and in defense is showing it.

These are now men he is playing against, excellent hockey players in a very good league.

He and Petey are gonna rip the NHL apart!

You had me at 'He and Petey'... he is going to be part of the solution for OELs cap hit Gentlemen. 
Lekki and Willander... the future is rosy again. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 2

18 minutes ago, spook007 said:

You had me at 'He and Petey'... he is going to be part of the solution for OELs cap hit Gentlemen. 
Lekki and Willander... the future is rosy again. 

Yup. That’s the planning a proper management team does. So much better than the previous “day by day” group. 

• Cheers 1