Jonathan Lekkerimäki | RW

13 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Can't wait to see how he does this season. That's amazing company.

"Lekkerimäki joined some great company, becoming only the third U20 player to score in three consecutive SHL games. Lekkerimäki joins former Canucks captain Markus Näslund and hall of fame Peter Forsberg in the prestigious club of scoring three-in-a-row in the SHL as a junior."

https://canucksarmy.com/news/jonathan-lekkerimaki-scores-peter-forsberg-markus-naslund-elite-company?fbclid=IwAR3mjtUQWMcTQnUqTPPUKwn1eT4n09mmF901YxWuU-2aMjp5urGw_4HRDXs

Couldn't of asked for a better start... All of a sudden... I start dreaming of a Petey, Lekki, Will trifecta!  Keeping the elite of the elite sweds tradition in Van going strong for years to come.  Add in the continued strong development of D-petey... The cherry on top!   One can dream!

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Couldn't of asked for a better start... All of a sudden... I start dreaming of a Petey, Lekki, Will trifecta!  Keeping the elite of the elite sweds tradition in Van going strong for years to come.  Add in the continued strong development of D-petey... The cherry on top!   One can dream!

Agreed ... and I keep forgetting about D-Petey. Sometime soon in the near future, people are going to be like, "Whoa, where did these guys come from?"

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Can't wait to see how he does this season. That's amazing company.

"Lekkerimäki joined some great company, becoming only the third U20 player to score in three consecutive SHL games. Lekkerimäki joins former Canucks captain Markus Näslund and hall of fame Peter Forsberg in the prestigious club of scoring three-in-a-row in the SHL as a junior."

https://canucksarmy.com/news/jonathan-lekkerimaki-scores-peter-forsberg-markus-naslund-elite-company?fbclid=IwAR3mjtUQWMcTQnUqTPPUKwn1eT4n09mmF901YxWuU-2aMjp5urGw_4HRDXs

Guldhjälmen incoming...

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

6 hours ago, EB43 said:

Give him more than 12 minutes of ice time and see what happens!

He's still a liability in his own zone. You can tell he's making a concerted effort to improve but he's got a long way to go. Was on pace to play around 15 minutes going into the 3rd, but after scoring what would be the eventual game winner, with the team protecting a one goal lead I don't think he set foot on the ice for the final five or six minutes of the game.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wildcam said:

Look at how many poster give up on this prospect last year. He was never 100% healthy after the first injury.

World U20 was still not healthy until playoffs last year. Lekkerimaki was a high ranked player in his draft and I never give up on him only 18 years old last season..

Very good prospect Lekkerimaki 19 - 5'11--180 lbs this year. Hope Lekkerimaki comes and plays in Abby next season with follow prospect Elias Pettersson LD-19 -6'3 -200lbs.  

Both players could be important players in 2-3 years in Vancouver..Go Canucks Go!

Wouldn't be surprised to see him join Abbotsford in the spring, when the SHL wraps up and start getting used to the North American style of game. He might still do another season in SHL, but I could really see the team want to get a look at him and how he handles the smaller ice surface.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 9/23/2023 at 9:12 AM, wildcam said:

Look at how many poster give up on this prospect last year. He was never 100% healthy after the first injury.

World U20 was still not healthy until playoffs last year. Lekkerimaki was a high ranked player in his draft and I never give up on him only 18 years old last season..

Very good prospect Lekkerimaki 19 - 5'11--180 lbs this year. Hope Lekkerimaki comes and plays in Abby next season with follow prospect Elias Pettersson LD-19 -6'3 -200lbs.  

Both players could be important players in 2-3 years in Vancouver..Go Canucks Go!

Thats the most infuriating part about this fan base. How fast they throw their hands up in the air and give up.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2