Elias Pettersson | D

D-Petey with 2 assists through 2 periods so far today. No luck finding highlights yet unfortunately. That gives him 6A in 6 Allsvenskan games this season. He's currently 2nd among D on his team in scoring and 4th overall.

Wonder if his team is ever going to decide that, just maybe, he deserves to play higher than the 3rd pair.

Edited by 204CanucksFan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

D-Petey with 2 assists through 2 periods so far today. No luck finding highlights yet unfortunately. That gives him 6A in 6 Allsvenskan games this season. He's currently 2nd among D on his team in scoring and 4th overall.

Wonder if his team is ever going to decide that, just maybe, he deserves to play higher than the 3rd pair.

Seems like he’s making the most of his time.  Do we know his average ice time since moving over there?

11 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

He had 5 assists in 5.  And has 2 today so far... Doesn't that make 7 assists in 6 games?  Regardless, for the SHL and on 3rd pairing.  Not bad at all!  How is he doing defensively?  +/-?

9 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

He had 5 assists in 5.  And has 2 today so far... Doesn't that make 7 assists in 6 games?  Regardless, for the SHL and on 3rd pairing.  Not bad at all!  How is he doing defensively?  +/-?

I believe he's playing in the 2nd tier (Allsvenskan league) right now.

Hopefully, he's getting lots of minutes and playing in all situations but being on the 3rd pairing I have my doubts.

Needs to keep working hard and hopefully gets recalled to play with Lekkerimaki  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hogs and Podz said:

I saw those tweets saying 5 in 5 except they must of taken one away from him because every stat site, including the teams official site, had/has him at 4 in 5 or now 6 in 6.

As for defensively, I haven't watched any games so I can't speak to that beyond in 6 games he has 8 hits, 2 blocks, +6 and averaging 18:16 a game.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Would love to see him pull on the #2  and channel another great (Canuck) Swedish defender (Mattais Ohlund)

I'd be so excited if that was his updside...he's a little smaller but maybe he hits a late growth spurt. LOL 

He's got good size for a 19yr old (6'2 @ 194lbs), but I'm not sure how physical he is.  He's putting up

decent #s, so hopefully he will make the jump to the SHL after Christmas.  I think he has another

year in the SHL and then a season in the AHL. 

• ThereItIs 1

10 hours ago, higgyfan said:

He's got good size for a 19yr old (6'2 @ 194lbs), but I'm not sure how physical he is.  He's putting up

decent #s, so hopefully he will make the jump to the SHL after Christmas.  I think he has another

I can’t remember where it was possibly the summer WJ tournament. He was an absolute wrecking ball 

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, higgyfan said:

D-Petey is more like 6'3" 200+ lbs.  I saw him next to Willander this year, he towers over him...

• Thanks 1

On 9/17/2023 at 10:19 AM, PickleCanuck said:

7 assists in 4 games so far for orebro hk j20

Meh not bad.. lmao! Kidding! Sweet, like that's he's a big physical D and obviously engaged with 7 A'sin 4 games, heard his name and thought he wouldn't be of the physical type but I was extremely happy to be wrong about that, like really happy, looks mobile, smart, and a decent shot too, next stop Abby and then next stop the BIG show!

Ok so wishful thinking for sure but maybe we stole another Petey, on D, kinda stoked how Gonchar would be working with him and with an edge, TOC would love him if he played even remotely close to #40's hockey IQ with snarl!

I think we all would be! 

Admittedly I was on the fence until I heard then saw he liked hitting and was hardly afraid of it, Salo-like would be awesome!!

Finger's crossed! 

Edited by iceman1964
  • Cheers 1

20 hours ago, higgyfan said:

I cannot speak to his play this year but last year at the WJC he was very physical. He looked really good in that tourny.

• Cheers 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Integra250 said:

Is D-Petey on the radar to make Team Sweden WJC roster?

He was on the team last year so I assume he is in heavy consideration this year for a spot. Sweden has 4 potential returnees on their blue line, but even though D-Petey is known as a more defensive guy he's still out-producing other potential returnees Jakob Noren and Calle Odelius in the Allsvenskan this season. So I think his chances are pretty good.

Edited by Diamonds
  • Cheers 1